BARIATRICS CENTERS

Options
HI, HAS ANYONE GONE TO THE BARIATRIC CENTERS WHERE YOU SEE A DOCTOR ONCE A MONTH AND GET VITAMIN SHOTS ABOUT 3 TIMES A WEEK AND MEDS? JUST WONDERED WHAT ANYONE KNOWS OR THINKS..THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Whoa. Caps lock.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I see my regular GP for this, but a few of the girls on here have done it... My regular GP gives me an appetitie supressant, I opted out of the B12 shots cuz I dont like needles.
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    B-12 gives you energy, but doesn't suppress your appetite. BUT, with that said, I would be unfair if I said that I knew anything about Bariatric Centers.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    My doctor is a bariatric physician, but I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about here. I do go in once a month, because he says it helps with motivation. And if I'm getting off track, it's best if it's corrected quickly. As far as meds, to help my metabolism he put me on a low daily dose of Metformin (it's a diabetic medicine to help my body process insulin & sugars correctly). But I don't know anything about any vitamin shots.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that has lost A LOT Of weight doing this. However she went off of it for about a year and gained more then half her weight back. they had her on a 500 cal a day diet (along with a vitapack and b12 shots). She also had sores on her body from what I'm going to say is malnutrition (she would eat a pack of tic tacs a lot of days for her meals). I think it really depends on the person, but anything that restricts you down to 500 cals, worries me.
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the caps, I thought it made it easier to read but someone said it is like yelling, sorry.....I am on 1200 caals per day not the 500.