Going to Music Festival....

Options
cartern1
cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
Ok so next week/weekend i'm going to Leeds Music Festival http://www.leedsfestival.com/2011/

I'm almost certain I'll go off the rails in terms of "liquid" calories however i'd like to minimise the damage done on the real calories side....

Anyway, in preperation I was looking at the website and they have a list of all the foods being sold during the festival

http://media.livenation.co.uk/fido/publishing/content/z/x/l/Pricelist.pdf

Please take a look and give me some suggestions for the healthier options.

Cheers,

Nik

Replies

• lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    I just went to an all day music festival Saturday. As for liquid calories, price is way high so you might go under as previously thought. I found that I was so into everything going on around me I wasn't very hungry. Plus I burned a lot of calories dancing around! Also, its days like this where I don't worry too much about calories, I just go and have fun!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing some grilled veggies, fajitas, watermelon, and buffalo burgers are pretty good too! Veggie burgers, salad, Corn on the cob, etc. There are some healthy options, but have fun! And I know when I'm drinking, a lot of my food sense goes out the window. Good luck, and have a great time. I'm so jealous!
  • edunk2008
    Options
    I agree with Iguy!!! Every once in a while you have to indulge and live it up! And like she said, all that walking and rocking out will help you burn through those extra calories!! JUST REMEMBER TO STAY HYDRATED!!!!! Have fun and be safe :drinker:
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    I usually go to a couple of music festivals every year and I give myself a break. My experience is what has already been said, stay hydrated, you won't eat as much as you think you will, and you will be burning plenty of calories. I have never gained weight after a festival.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Char grilled veggies
    corn on the cob w/o topping
    fajitas meat or veggie
    lamb kebab
    king prawn with rice maybe..? i know they're shrimp, but i am not sure about the sides
    mexican chicken
    Mediterranean kebab
    miso soup
    sag paneer
    spinach and veggies
    chicken satay skewers <---watch it's not in peanut sauce
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Char grilled veggies
    corn on the cob w/o topping
    fajitas meat or veggie
    lamb kebab
    king prawn with rice maybe..? i know they're shrimp, but i am not sure about the sides
    mexican chicken
    Mediterranean kebab
    miso soup
    sag paneer
    spinach and veggies
    chicken satay skewers <---watch it's not in peanut sauce

this is good. Pretty much what I was thinking. Also maybe the Tuna wrap (if there is not a lot of mayo in it) or the Ciabatta Salmon,
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I like the Indian food options. Also the grilled veggies, or burrito (granted, I don't get Mexican food here, so that may just be a craving talking). Mostly just have fun though, you can burn those calories from walking/standing/dancing/whatever else people do at festivals, all day. Have fun!
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Awww I'm jealous - fantastic line up. I saw Muse in concert last September at Lancashire Cricket Club and they were AMAZING, best gig I'd ever been to. And then Elbow too - I missed them when they toured this year and so want to see them live. Also Two Door Cinema Club, The Vaccines, Chapel Club, Bombay Bicycle Club.....fantastic. You'll burn calories jumping up and down!!

As for the food, there are some good choices I think. Some of the Oriental stuff will be good I reckon...the ones I saw that jumped out at me (and have now made me hungry!) are...

Black Bean Chicken & Noodles
    Baked Potatoes
    Cajun Salmon Kebab
    Chilli Con Carne
    Fajita Burrito
    Chicken Tikka Kebab
    Mediterranean Veg Kebab
    Ramen Noodles
    Smoothie (for brekkie)
    Tarka Dhal (chick peas)
    Tuna Steak

And as a treat with some beer..........CURLY FRIES!!! (has to be done!)

Right - going to have my apple now, made myself very hungry!!

Enjoy it :)

Fran
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    the food will be ****, and really expensive, so good reason to not eat too much. Beer overpriced and huge queues, so might help to cut down on your drinking

otherwise have a great time. Id love to see Muse and Pulp
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    and omg, Pete Doherty <3
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, i'm an experienced festival goer but i've never done it whilst trying to be a good boy.....I'm even considering taking Oatabix with me so I have something decent for breakfast lol

I wouldn't be so worried if it was just a weekend but i'll be there from Thursday afternoon 'til Monday morning.

I'm sure i'll be fine but I get scared 'cos I know what i'm like

cheers,

nik
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    yeah cereal and get some of those small 500ml cartons of UHT milk so it doesnt go off.
    Then there are cereal bars, some are more healthy than others.

pack fruit for snacks. If you want to eat healthyish stuff that you buy there, maybe go for things like the falafel stalls etc. Avoid the burger and chips wagons obviously if you can, but tbh, if youre gonna be partying, then its the booze thats gonna be the issue rather than the food so much, and its all part of the experience, so id just try and moderate rather than seriously calorie counting, and just get back into it later. Its still only 4 days
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I love Leeds festival!

I go toa ska/punk festival instead most years and spend all day skanking (as in the form of dancing) which is hard to do with a beer in your hand, but great exercise anyway and so much fun I often forget to buy beer or food.
  • carlhunt3r
    carlhunt3r Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm just gunna forget about MFP for the thurs > mon during Leeds Fest and go wild. Pint of cider and chips please :D
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    is moshing in the exercise database?