Dominos - really?

Options
Can anyone explain why in the heck on my food log page, there are not one, but TWO Dominos pizza advertisements? I am completely upset over this.. a page that we are using to try to be GOOD and Dominos gets to advertise there? Just Wrong!

Replies

• jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I keep getting papa john's and Jif! LOL
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! I've got papa johns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    You must have eaten some P!zz@..............

(I'm not typing it......then I'll get the ads.)
  • kmcginley613
    Options
    I had papa johns and dominos on the same page .. haha
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    The ads on this site are done by Google, and are driven by your search history. If you searched a pizza website (I order pizza online) you will get ads for pizza. I saw a commercial on tv for the Genie Bra, googled it, and instantly started getting Genie Bra ads on MFP.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I don't get any advertisements on here.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it is MFP? I have never seen any ads on MFP. Could it be spyware, adware, or malware on your computers embedding the ads. Those types of things have little trackers and if you look something up or go to a website it tracks those and the incorporates them into other sites and pop-ups. I have my ad-blocker on and I also clean out the cookies, and do spyware and adware sweeps to remove them from my computer.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've never ordered pizza online, or done an online search for pizza, but I get the Papa John's and Domino's adds too. Doesn't bother me a bit.
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Dang! I was completely ignoring the advertisements till I read your post... I got Papa John's and no I DID NOT google pizza. lol
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    if a friend mentions something in a post about a food, exercise, diet etc
    and its on your wall or in the forums, you will see an ad for it also.

those of you not getting ads, are you on the MFP site or are you
    using the app on your phones?
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Everyone gets ads on here or it wouldnt be able to remain free..at the top of the page and the side depending where on the site you are there will be banner ads
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I think lijkelly is right. I ordered roller skates online and MOST of my ads are for roller skates.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Mine has Papa Johns and Dominos also...:grumble:
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    yup I searched to find out how many calories are on a Dom......oes pizza and now i have those adds...but really it doesn't bother me because this site if completely free...who are we to complain....
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Everyone gets ads on here or it wouldnt be able to remain free..at the top of the page and the side depending where on the site you are there will be banner ads

Well, i have yet to see one!

And the truth is that eventually we will all see ads ... but right now my guess is they have private investors funding the site and that is why it is free. That is generally how it goes with start up dot coms ... like twiiter, facebook, jtv ...all of them started out with personal funds, then investors ... users never put a dime into it. :)
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I get ads on the app
    But I use both.
    Right now I am on my Computer and there is no Banner anywhere advertising anything.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have papa johns. I will never forget this cupcake ad they had and it made me crave cupcakes. Uggghh
  • cmriverside
    Options
    some browsers have the ability to screen out ads....They don't bother me, usually. Except the ones that open with a mouse rollover. I hate those.

Las Vegas.

(I want some fun ads)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    And, of course, since Domino's is mentioned on the thread, I have that ad sitting right up at the top of my page now.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    And, of course, since Domino's is mentioned on the thread, I have that ad sitting right up at the top of my page now.

Stop saying that! :laugh:

Bikinis.