Replies

• k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I lost 102 in 8 months.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I did. I think a lot depends on your starting weight. The more you have to lose the more you can lose at first. I started at 377 lbs and hit 327 lbs in under 5 months. I lost 39 lbs in 3 months after starting MFP.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    Not really. I would aim for 1 pound a week.
  • 5traci
    5traci Posts: 1
    Options
    I have lost over 50 lbs since 2/4/11
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I'm at 45 for 4.5 months doing high protein (90+g per day) and low carb (under 100 g/day).
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I've lost 43 pounds since January. Most of that was in the first 6 months, it has slowed right down in the last 6 weeks or so.

I think you might be setting yourself up for disappointment if you have a fixed goal like that.
    Why not break it down into smaller goals? - like 10 pounds in 10 weeks, then you have something more manageable to aim for and you get to celebrate much quicker. Then once you have lost 10 pounds you will have a better idea of what works for your body and your lifestyle and you can set your next goal to suit.

I know we all want to see the end point immediately, but weight loss does take time and your body will still be recovering from doing something completely amazing - creating and nurturuing a new life for 9 months. Be kind to yourself!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Its possible. I did it, but it takes a lot of committment and you probably need to have a lot to lose for it to come off that quickly.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Is that realistic? Has anyone did it?

Yep, doable. I've lost 50 in 5 months 2 weeks. I was hoping for 60 in 6 months, but summer happened!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I did it....actually I lost 10lbs a month for 10 months straight. The other 43 took 7 months so far though....and now that I'm trying to lose the last 15 it's going nowhere fast......hopefully by the end of the year it will be gone though.

All I did to lose the weight was eat better and move more.
  • trout78
    trout78 Posts: 102
    Options
    I guess it all depends on the person and how your body reacts. It's been 7 months for me and am 2lbs away from the 50lb mark!
  • NCisME
    NCisME Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Took me 2 years (on and off program).

Losing too fast decreases the chances you will keep it off.

It's a lifestyle change - it took a long time for me to put on this weight and I realize it's going to take a long time to get it off.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it can be done. But for me, I find that if I set goals like that for myself, I set myself up for failure. I've decided to be happy with every pound lost. I have 103 pounds to lose in total, and if it takes me 3 or 4 years, then I'll still be happy that I'm eating better, losing weight, and learning slowly but surely how to lose the bad habits and gain great ones for a lifetime.
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    It really, really depends on your starting weight, age, height, etc. For example, if someone weighed 140 and wanted to lose 10 lbs, it would take a lot longer than someone who weighed 240 wanted to lose 10 lbs.

It sounds like you have a lot of weight to lose if your goal is 50 lbs, so you should be able to pull it off. I've lost 19 lbs in 10 weeks, which is about 1.9 lbs a week. So it's possible.

Good luck with everything!

Edited: So I just looked at your profile. Your starting weight is 212 and mine was 215. We also have similar heights (5'10/5'11) and ages (19/20). So I think it's definitely possible for you.
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I lost 49 lbs in 4 months. Your weight loss will slow down eventually. So far I have lost 57 lbs in less than 7 months. I went from 218 to 169 in 4 months and now I am down to 161.
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    I have lost a little over 16 pounds in 32 days. You can do it!!!