Any swimmers on here?

Options
I'm talking those that are in it to build fitness and gain speed/time? What goggles do you have? I'm wanting to get some good ones. I have heard Costco has a 3 pack pretty cheap(around $15) of speedo ones. A friend had them when her little on had a pool part this past weekend. My daughter said they fit perfect and no leaks.

Any other brands that are really good?

I wanted to add I'm not really ready to start gaining speed or increasing distance right off the bat but coming up to the wall does slow me down when I can't see the wall. Figure goggles that didn't leak might help.

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I use speedo goggles - there are quite a few different types - it pays to fit them on your face, as they might fit different for you than for someone else - I have had ones that was too big - and ones that are to small - both with it's own problems....
  • kirjames
    Options
    I'm currently using Speedos as well. I've never had many problems with goggles though. As long as they have adjustable nose pieces and straps, you can usually make them work.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I've been swimmer for years, and my two favorites are the speedo vanquisher and the tyr femmes. They are a little smaller, and fit a woman's eye socket a bit more comfortably....
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kristen. I will check those out. This were kids goggles we have Aqua brand. I've remember having that brand when I was young and they leaked too, quite a bit. They had adjustable nose and all but the foam wasn't sealing good.

Then I may see about a swim cap but pulling my hair back does good to keep it from going into my face.
  • Ifican
    Ifican Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I personally use and love the aqua sphere seal xp. Its the lower profile of the 2 they sell and i would not give up these for anything. I tried many different standard goggles and they either hurt my eyes or leaked to much to be useful. These are made more like a diving mask than traditional swim goggles but they run circles around standard ones. If you are trying to compete at a high level they will create to much drag but if you just want a comfortable goggle you can swim as much as you want in and not get eye fatigue or hate the constant leaking then they are for you. For me i literally swim with them or nothing at all.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Swimmer here! I use 'swedes' or swedish goggles. They have no padding and basically fit into your eye-socket for lack of a better description. Heres the link:
    http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductBrand.asp?Brand=1141&Click=1719049&gclid=COKmxtX72aoCFRJUgwodugrn-Q

They're usually 4-6 bucks and you assemble them... also what only the coolest of swimmers wear :). You'll either hate them cuz they hurt or love them cuz they fit perfectly. You can get them online or at a swim shop. But if you're getting the speedo goggles, get normal ones and not ones that have tons of color and look 'fun'. The 'fun' ones are so you buy them... the boring ones are the ones that swimmers wear. ha, thats my advice! :)

Oh, and an opportunity for a shameless plug for my blog below :)
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Sorry to dig up an old post but I spotted an ad for some Speedo goggles in the paper this past Sunday and went to pick up some. They are a perfect fit and don't leak at all. I got Speedo Boomerang for $6. And my daughter got Speedo Jr. synchronizer goggles and don't leak either.

I may later try out other ones but these ones make a huge difference in my swimming. It is so different to swim with them and see everything. I've used good goggles before obviously but the swimming laps was so different feeling but great.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    ditto on the speedo vanquisher - I've been using them for years and love them!