Addison's Disease / Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome

Options
2»

Replies

• cheria55
    cheria55 Posts: 26
    Options
    That happens to me every time I work out. I've asked others about it but have never gotten a response. I get freezing cold if it's hot or cold out, even after a lengthy HOT shower I'm still shivering and have goose bumps. Then I get so sleepy I usually end up taking an hour or more nap. I work out but try to keep it at a lower pace so this doesn't happen but that doesn't do much for my fitness level. Does anyone know why this happens?
  • KelMcFadden
    KelMcFadden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I have had Addison Disease for 24 yrs( all my life really, just how long I have been diagnosed), took them 17 months to diagnose me and been on Cortef, and have many other health issues... I wish I would have know what I do now back then,. But was wondering how you were doing now. I just happen to see you post on here. Hope all is well and life is treating you kind.
    Kelly M
  • hockeymonster1939
    hockeymonster1939 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I highly doubt you had Addison's for 40 years. And you cannot treat Addison's naturally if it's really Addison's. Addison's is not a joke and you need to take care of yourself. I have had Addison's Disease for 24 years and have been a weight lifter hockey player and runner. Key is education and self awareness and keep moving.

Adrenal fatigue syndrome is real and you probably can treat it homeopathically. I always recommend exercise. It doesn't have to be a lot
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    DO YOU have darkening of the skin?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt you had Addison's for 40 years. And you cannot treat Addison's naturally if it's really Addison's. Addison's is not a joke and you need to take care of yourself. I have had Addison's Disease for 24 years and have been a weight lifter hockey player and runner. Key is education and self awareness and keep moving.

Adrenal fatigue syndrome is real and you probably can treat it homeopathically. I always recommend exercise. It doesn't have to be a lot

Strong first post on a 5 year old thread......
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options

I saw the thread, I read the thread. Often I post on threads without looking at the date of the op. Why criticize her for it? Unless I am wrong, your one sentence reads very sarcastically.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I don't have Addisons but I am really disturbed at how many of you had to do your own diagnoses/research and insist the doctors test for it.

It's no such thing as take the doctors word for it. We really have to do our own research now. I've experienced this when my son was admitted to the ICU one year

Sorry for going off topic.

This! It's a shame. I went through it for years before my hashimotos diagnosis too. Even with a multi nodule goiter and family history of thyroid disease they only checked my tsh until I insisted on a full panel.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Of course addisons is a real disease, it's rare but it's real

Adrenal fatigue syndrome isn't
    And homeopathy is a crock but can often be a decent placebo and in many situations that's more than enough. Particularly with a made up disease

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I saw the thread, I read the thread. Often I post on threads without looking at the date of the op. Why criticize her for it? Unless I am wrong, your one sentence reads very sarcastically.

Because they are addressing something that 4 years after the fact is pretty irrelevant. They're not adding to the discussion of Addison's, just criticising an OP who should, 4 years down the line, have a grip on their diagnosis or found out it was something else by this point.

They then went on to advocate for homeopathically treating adrenal fatigue. That whole sentence is full of nope.
  • jtoon1966
    jtoon1966 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have addisons and take daily cortisol replacement, by logging every morsel in the my fitness pal app I lost 30 pounds from January - June of this year and I've maintained my weight loss. Now it really mattered to me, so I stuck to a 1,000 calorie a day diet through obsessive tracking but since losing, I've reduced my cortisol intake and feel better than I have in years.