Scary Moment...and it still hasn't passed

Options
Okay All...
I finished supper about an hour ago and I was standing up talking with my neighbor for about 35 min. and then suddenly my stomach dropped, I broke out into a cold/hot sweat, I got terribly light-headed, my neighbor had two heads, and I also was very pale. I have no idea what happened. I am still very pale and very dizzy. I didn't know what I did or didn't do that could have made me do this. Any suggestions? Should I take a vitamin...eat something? Let me know what you think...
Shelly

Replies

• mspiggie9
    Options
    Okay All...
    I finished supper about an hour ago and I was standing up talking with my neighbor for about 35 min. and then suddenly my stomach dropped, I broke out into a cold/hot sweat, I got terribly light-headed, my neighbor had two heads, and I also was very pale. I have no idea what happened. I am still very pale and very dizzy. I didn't know what I did or didn't do that could have made me do this. Any suggestions? Should I take a vitamin...eat something? Let me know what you think...
    Shelly
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    What did you eat and how much did you eat ?
  • mspiggie9
    Options
    I had a tyson chicken patty on a whole wheat bun with american cheese and 2 snackwells cookies...and I feel very full
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    If it scared you call your doctor! You can never be too careful. Those symptoms could be cause by many things, not just what you did or didn't eat.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    What else have you eaten today? What do you mean your stomach dropped...like, you got nauseas, or suddenly had to use the restroom?
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    If it scared you call your doctor! You can never be too careful. Those symptoms could be cause by many things, not just what you did or didn't eat.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    I agree you need to call your doctor.
  • mspiggie9
    Options
    nausious (sp) and bathroom...so I went, and I feel a little better...the chills subsided, but I am still dizzy.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    I feel you should still call your doctor.
  • mspiggie9
    Options
    Alright, I'll call her in the morning and see what she says. Luckily I have an easy day at work tomorrow and I can run to the doctor if I need to. Thanks.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Low blood sugar? Stomach bug? Good luck. I hope you feel better.
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    Sounds like an anxiety attack. I get them occasionally and I get the same symptoms are you had. I had one about two weeks ago, and nothing in particular brought it on. My stomach would feel weird, very light headed, cold sweat and an urge to go to the bathroom, and then i would feel like crying. Just ended up spending the day on the couch and things seemed to pass. Hope everything is ok, but I would talk to your doctor, as some of the others have suggested.
    Dawn
  • mspiggie9
    Options
    Thanks a lot everyone. I'm going to get some rest tonight and see how it goes tomorrow. I'll call my doctor in the morning. I appreciate your help. It is nice to know there are so many great people out there. Thanks.
    Shelly
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    Take care of yourself hun and let us know how you are tomorrow.
    :flowerforyou:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Call the DR. BUT HOW OLD ARE YOU?
    this might be a hot flash, I got one the other day and the same thing happened to me, But I was at work when it did and I work with Drs. Which is how I know it was a hot flash and not something else.
    --Diann...
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Could also be a food allergy. Good thing you have a food diary - take it with you when you see your doc.