• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I hope you had a lovely birthday! :flowerforyou:
    :bigsmile: Thank you Tam:flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I know it's gonna be hard to hear this and even to say it....but I am glad you guys did this even though it felt awkward..... feeling bullied was in my head.... if someone has the best of intentions in their heart.... and the other person (now that would be me...lol) takes it differently...then it becomes my issue........which I will continue to work through as I continue to get to know and love myself better.

I thought I would share my quote with you because this is what I am working on. My husband loved me when I was 175 he also loved me when I was 237 but at both of these weights I didn't love myself and you have to love yourself to feel comfortable in your own body. :heart:

Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.
    Eleanor Roosevelt
    what a perfect quote....hope it's ok if I share it in the inspirational quotes thread?:flowerforyou: Thank you for taking a few moments to share that....it's something we ALL need to hear:heart::happy:

It has been quoted there but go for it. I think it is one that needs to be there every couple of days
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I know it's gonna be hard to hear this and even to say it....but I am glad you guys did this even though it felt awkward..... feeling bullied was in my head.... if someone has the best of intentions in their heart.... and the other person (now that would be me...lol) takes it differently...then it becomes my issue........which I will continue to work through as I continue to get to know and love myself better.

I thought I would share my quote with you because this is what I am working on. My husband loved me when I was 175 he also loved me when I was 237 but at both of these weights I didn't love myself and you have to love yourself to feel comfortable in your own body. :heart:

Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.
    Eleanor Roosevelt
    what a perfect quote....hope it's ok if I share it in the inspirational quotes thread?:flowerforyou: Thank you for taking a few moments to share that....it's something we ALL need to hear:heart::happy:

It has been quoted there but go for it. I think it is one that needs to be there every couple of days
    I absolutely agree!:flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Happy B-day! :flowerforyou:

Reading all that, I know exactly how you feel. I don't think it matters what weight you are or what you don't like about yourself. We all have insecurities and we do everything we can to hide things because we feel that others will look at them the same way we do. Just because I'm disgusted with my stomach, doesn't mean anyone else it the entire world would even notice it, let alone care! I work everyday on loving myself and my body, for it does great things for me! I wake up in the morning and as I brush my teeth and wash my face, I thank my legs for journies they take me on, I thank my arms for allowing me to express my love for the ones I care about with hugs, etc. I don't focus on the fact that I haven't exercise for MONTHS, I try to love myself for who I am inside and be thankful EVERY DAY for waking up and having all my limbs in working order and being in good health. :heart: :heart: