Bruises?

2»

Replies

• mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    I got bruising on my legs when I just started working out... don't know what it was. now it hasn't happened anymore. who knows?*shrug*
  • cjw6
    cjw6 Posts: 94 Member
    Not to scare anyone, but if you are getting bruises all over your body and don't know why, please check with your doctor.
    When my son was young, this started happening to him. The doctors sent us immediately to the hospital and it was discovered he had something called ITP (Ideopathic Thrombo Purpura). It is where the spleen gets the good and bad blood cells mixed up, and starts killing off/fitering the good blood cells. His counts were dangerously low, which could lead to internal bleeding if he hit his head, or fell down. It took steroids and months of blood test before it went away on its own. It can come back as an adult. They also had to rule out Leukemia.

I'm sorry if I went overboard here, but getting lots of bruises, and you don't remember hurting yourself, should be checked out.

I'm sure this isn't the case with you, but better safe than sorry.
    Good luck.

Exactly. This isn;t something to self diagnose. Hopefully it'll be nothing much, and it MIGHT be nutritional, but there are loads of conditions that can lead to this and some of them are really serious. Get thee to a doctor ASAP!