Rewarding Yourself For Goals Met

Options
I was wondering if I should give myself a reward of some sort when I reach my goal weight. I do a lot of things already that people might consider extravagant (like get pedicures, massages though it's been a while since I've had a massage). I think maybe an expensive pair of shoes? That would be a splurge for me. I don't know. I'll definitely be buying new clothes, that's for sure, but I think my reward is really going to be that I'll be thinner!

Anyway, what are some rewards some of you have given yourself when you've met goals?

Replies

• jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I set tattoo appointments for myself...I'm totally addicted to them and knowing I have a reward with a set date helps me stay on track :smile:
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I'm getting a naval piercing because I've wanted one forever but never had the mid section for it. :-) Sounds silly but it'll keep me losing and eventually maintaining when I see it every day.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    You know, I didn't even think of that. I've been meaning to get more ink.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm adding charms to a charm bracelet for each 10kg lost (22 pounds). It's been a long time since the last one but I'm very close to the next one now!
    I might add one for finishing my first race too :)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You know what doesn't work? Extravagant food indulgences as a reward. Trust me. Don't go down that road :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If you think you should! Honestly, the best treat for me is just getting a few new items of clothes when the old ones get too big! :happy: The other day I got a new pair of biking shorts to work out in 'cause mine got a big hole :sad: and I also got a couple cheap tank tops that are cute and make me feel good when I work out. Just that made me feel good and makes me excited to work out. Will need new running shoes soon...losing weight can be expensive so I just treat myself to the things I need and that's good enough for me! Though once I lose all my weight, I'm going crazy with new clothes and a tattoo or two.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    nothing, i didn't reward myself for gaining the weight so there no need to reward myself for losing the weight i gained. I don't need rewards I know some people do
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    You know what doesn't work? Extravagant food indulgences as a reward. Trust me. Don't go down that road :)

Yeah, that's not really motivating for me anyway. Something like a new laptop would be nice.