Dislike water

Options
I have been really good, sticking to my calorie limit+ exercising for the past couple of days.
I am finding it very hard to drink water though; forced myself to drink 2 glasses today then felt sick and cold! It has been absolutely freezing today, I had a herbal tea and can not have any more water/tea!
Is it ok to stick to calories and have 2 glasses a day instead of 8? Also Im out later will have some drinks, i will be going over my limit with these; should I add them to my calories eaten tomorrow (have eaten all my calories for today)? :) x

Replies

• honey2101
    Options
    I have been really good, sticking to my calorie limit+ exercising for the past couple of days.
    I am finding it very hard to drink water though; forced myself to drink 2 glasses today then felt sick and cold! It has been absolutely freezing today, I had a herbal tea and can not have any more water/tea!
    Is it ok to stick to calories and have 2 glasses a day instead of 8? Also Im out later will have some drinks, i will be going over my limit with these; should I add them to my calories eaten tomorrow (have eaten all my calories for today)? :) x
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try something like this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/31975-just-scored-this-recipe-for-water

to help you get your water in. I'll sometimes use a Crystal Light packet if I'm getting bored with water too. :smile:

Good luck!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Crystal light is nummy :drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Water is very important. I know it's not always fun for some of us to gag it down, but it's not just about doing it to lose weight. Water helps soooo many of your body functions. I do not love water...BUT... I force myself to drink at least 32 oz while at work. That's only 1/2 of what is recomended.... then it's up to me to squeeze the rest in when I get home, which can be tough. I also flavor my water. Pure is best, I know.... but at this rate... I'm lucky I get any in.

The trick is.... it's recomended 64 oz of water.... which is 8 cups of 8 oz of water. When you actually use a measuring cup and see it like that, it's a piece of cake. Remember, 8 glasses is very different then 8 cups of water because most drinking glasses are at least 12-14 oz by themselves.

Also, anything with caffiene or alcohol in it depletes your body's water supply (I forgot all the technical jargon from my Nutrition class, but I can find it if you need me to). Therefore if you drink many of those types of products you should actually be drinking EVEN MORE water then 64 oz.

Bottom line.... water is good for you... drink it. :flowerforyou:
  • Uysbee
    Options
    Water is the best thing to drink, and worth trying to get used to, your body really needs it as a basic human need. I have trouble drinking too much water because I forget and it's distracting because you run to the bathroom more often. I'd be careful about the aspartame in some of those light drinks. I saw a documentary recently that put me off those things. I used to drink a lot of 100% fruit juices and also mixed them half with water, but these too have too many sugars so I'm on water...but I'm used to it now...water takes the thinking out of drinking...;)
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Walmart has flavored water. It is so good and I am not a fan of flavored water . It is carbonated and taste like pop lime is like 7up. I love it and its .59 a bottle. Called sams choice flavored water. My kids even love it.:happy:
    Alisha
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Water is like the lubricant for your body. It's vital to every function in your body... without it, waste cannot be excreted and nutrients cannot be properly stored.

Take heart, though. It seems like difficulty with getting the necessary amounts of water in during the day is common denominator for a lot of us on MFP. Try getting a lot in during your exercise. I find that my body craves it most then so I can get those ounces in without much thought.

Also, once you have your body trained, water will be second nature to you. A word of caution about water+flavoring products: many of them have either a) calories or b) artificial sweetener and most of them have artificial sugars. If you need those things to help ease you into the habit of drinking more H2O, go for it. But think of drinking all pure water as a goal to get to eventually by weaning yourself off of the additives.
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Others have said it, I'll say it too... Crystal Lite!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:

I don't drink straight water, it makes me want to barf. (At least the water in LA, for some reason Houston water tastes sweet :huh: ) Crystal Lite, on the other hand, is wonderful!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light, Propel, Lipton all work wonders for sick of water blues. Lipton has no calories and the other two have 10 per serving. Try drinking your water from a water bottle during your workout, you don't realize how much you drank until you are done.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I've also heard someone mention....using a straw.... I always drink faster with one.

*** Just be careful with A LOT (and I do mean a lot) of the atrificial stuff. I LOVE the carbonated water, but it's usually got Aspartame in it (as do many of the powdered drinks). Don't get me wrong, I still drink them...but in general its a good idea not to go nuts for them.