Optimal Hydration Level?

Options
Bought a new scale tonight that tells my Body Fat Percentage and my Hydration Level...

What is the optimal hydration level?

Edit; I know what it is, but what is YOUR optimal hydration level? Said mine is 45.8% but I feel pretty parched right now.

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of a hydration level. I just drink enough water to get my pee clear :laugh:
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    I would love to have a scale that tells me hydration levels...but I drink enough to pee clear as well.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My scale tells me too, but it's just one more piece of info in a sea of info that makes no real difference. I am thirsty... I drink. No Magic to it.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i think its mainly used by athletes..especially runners to make sure they arent becoming dehydrated
  • PenTool
    PenTool Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Average water percentage for women should be about 50%. However, my scale (Tanita) shows me at an almost constant 37-39%, and I drink very frequently.

Seems like it could be tied to body fat %, as it (water %) has been slowly creeping up as I lose weight. Body fat % is decreasing and body water percentage is increasing.

If you feel parched, you are dehydrated. Make it a habit to drink at regular intervals and you shouldn't feel parched. Try keeping a water bottle with you at all times.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    My scale tells me too, but it's just one more piece of info in a sea of info that makes no real difference. I am thirsty... I drink. No Magic to it.

Actually, if you feel thirsty you already aren't hydrated enough. So a person should just be drinking on a pretty regular basis throughout the day. And if you're just drinking steadily all day, not doing short binges of slamming back water, you also won't have the five bazillion trips to the bathroom woes either. I consistantly drink about 18-21 cups of water a day, from 9am when I get to work to about 11pm when I go to sleep. I'm never thirsty and I don't use the restroom any more frequently than my coworkers. :)