My NSV/SV.....JOY!!!!

Options
bslic
bslic Posts: 245 Member
So Tuesday marked 1 month since I was officially diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and put on blood pressure meds. My Dr. wanted to see me for a follow up. While I didn't remember what my previous dr. office weight was from July, I knew I'd been doing my "MFP" best....so I was a bit excited to see her reaction.

Can I say it was the best DR appt EVER. I've been overweight/obese my whole life. Dr appts usually bring the finger wag and "you should lose some weight" But not today. I had lost 13 pounds since my last appt!!! Also, my blood pressure was PERFECT!!! I told her I wanted to show her I was taking the diagnoses seriously and was going to do my darnedest to reverse things. She was so pleased...she said I got an A+ and even gave me a s/f sucker. ;)

I really don't want to be popping meds the rest of my life. Each day is one day closer to being rid of those pills.

Replies

• tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options
    What a great NSV! I love your determination and the results you already have. Way to go!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Well done you, keep going as your doing so well.
  • snusp
    snusp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's great! Well done!
  • BecLee
    BecLee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! :smile: Your reinforcing how hard work really does pay off and that the benefits are totally worth all the dedication.
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    I'm just a big softie and this brought tears to my eyes. Well done and keep it up.
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    That is so fantastic :happy:
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That has got to be very motivational for you to keep going!:smile:
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    NSV Indeed!! Keep up the great work!! :D
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! To me, this is what losing weight is all about. Sure looking good/better in important....but being a healthier person, well that's a big WIN in my book.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!