arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Options
Yes i know we shouldnt be a slave to the scales... BUT....

Ate better last week than the week before.
Trained more than the week before.

Yet I weigh FOUR kgs MORE than I did at weigh in last week!!!!!

So... either my cal's arent working out correcty, both in and out, or my scales are fookered.

I went from 109 to 104 now back to 108.

Im tipping, (hoping really) that its the latter thats to blame, and the 104 was an incorrect measurement.

Replies

• alright_flower
    Options
    DP, do you put the scales in the same place each week? I've got a ceramic tile kitchen floor, and I weigh differently according to while tile I use!
  • Julianacaceres
    Options
    Muscle building? Maybe?
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    It could be for lots of reasons...

What is your water intake like; are you drinking 8 big glasses of water a day (or the equivelent?) If not, it could be water retention...

Are you under or over cal's?

How old are your scales?

It is important that when weighing in, that you always use the same scales on a hard, even surface and always measure yourself at the same time of day. This means that you are getting a consistant reflection of where you are at that given moment.

Seriously though, don't be a slave to the scales - it's the inches that matter, not the scales! There is a very good piece on this forum somewhere about not being a slave to the scales, perhaps you had ought to search for it and give it a read?
  • mamajess82
    Options
    Water weight can be a *kitten*! Have you checked your sodium intake? If you're a woman (can't see from your profile) could it be part of your cycle? So many reasons. Don't be disheartened. If you are doing everything right, then it's bound to come off or stay the same (not sure how tall you are but 104lbs is tiny in most instances). Write it off and get back on the bike. Onto next week!
  • mamajess82
    Options
    Water weight can be a *kitten*! Have you checked your sodium intake? If you're a woman (can't see from your profile) could it be part of your cycle? So many reasons. Don't be disheartened. If you are doing everything right, then it's bound to come off or stay the same (not sure how tall you are but 104lbs is tiny in most instances). Write it off and get back on the bike. Onto next week!

Ha Ha - ignore that. Just seen your profile! :)
  • DoncasterPhotography
    DoncasterPhotography Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yea, Im drinking my 8 glasses per day, this can be backed up from the worn out stairs carpet from the endless trips to the loo!!.

I have a marker spot on the bathroom floor to maintain "accuracy" of placement.

As im Male, i doubt its my cycle (made me chuckle).

Sodium intake isnt bad. i try to keep it below what MFP has set. Calorie intake is, usually, below the net goal, but within 50-100 cals. Gross cal intake is always over the goal, taken back below with excercise.

So it could be the scales, or just a stall week.

Onwards n upwards. Thanks for the replies, I just felt a need to vent my spleen.

Upping my xtrainer work to 1hr per day... Cmon weightloss..... bring it!!
  • DoncasterPhotography
    DoncasterPhotography Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    not sure how tall you are but 104lbs is tiny in most instances

104 KG's not lbs. and 5' 11" ish