Mostly for the girls

Options
So, it is that time of the month soon. First since joining MFP. Do many of you gain a lot of water weight around this time. I usually gain up to 4 pounds. Do any of you do anything so you gain less and are less bloated? Just wondering if there is any weight relief so to speak:) Thanks.

Replies

• nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Just continue to exercise and drink a lot of water. Oh... and avoid the scale if you can! ;-)

I don't think there is any true way around it. Bite down on a stick and wait for it to pass. lol
  • kettlenic
    kettlenic Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Pppermint tea really helps and als strangley drinking more water helps flush out the water being retained :)
  • Cheryl7621
    Cheryl7621 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I completely ignore what the scale says during that time of the month. Avoiding salty foods and caffeine might help. Like others have mentioned, drinking lots of water. Sometimes I take a water pill, I don't know really if they do much. I just finished my time of the month and the water weight went away after a few days. Hope that helps. :-)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Just avoid the scale altogether! :)

Keep doing what you are doing and don't get freaked out if the day after TOM you gained 4lbs. It's normal and within a few days you will be back to normal. You are most likely retaining water!