Housework should be exercise

Options
I just joined MFP a couple weeks ago and have been doing pretty good although I have only recorded exercise once as besides the odd walk all my exercise is done cleaning houses. I own a company with a couple other girls working for me and thats what we do. I work by butt off and sweat for 2 to 3 hours per house and clean approximately 6 houses a week and I should be alble to log that for my exercise but its not there and of course I have no idea how many calories it burns so I cant add it. We also do yard work so I sometimes cut lawns and weed gardens. Can somebody help me with the housework thing as far as logging it into the exercise...how many calories would I burn per hour????

Also, looking for friend support to lose and maintain and reach goal before Christmas.

Replies

• glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You can log it. Look for 'cleaning'. There's light to moderate as well as heavy (lifting boxes)
  • shadykins
    Options
    Oh really. I tried housecleaning, house cleaning, house work...everything but. Thanks for letting me know. I may go back and record all my exercise over the past week.
  • JudyZ
    JudyZ Posts: 23
    Options
    Yep! That's all there! Cleaning, lifting boxes, gardening! Definitely log it!!!
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    You should also consider what you put your daily activity as, so that you don't end up recording it twice...
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    definitely there because I log it when I do my major cleaning to my house every Saturday

Cleaning, light, moderate effort

Hope you can find it :wink:
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    you absolutely can, try looking for Cleaning, light, moderate effort and Cleaning, heavy, vigorous effort, they are deffinately there i use them both from time to time,.

It may be better to alter your status to very physical, and then simply add the work/exercise you do that is not part of a normal day.

Hope you get it sorted to your liking.:flowerforyou:
  • shadykins
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! Have added them all for the past week.