Alcohol Drink Talk

Options

Replies

• benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    sorry can't agree with you! :)

I prefer savory to sweet, I hate pepsi and only drink diet coke. I only drink lager, dry wine or vodka and diet coke. maybe I am an exception to your rule?

No.
    lol why???

Because "no" is easier to type than "yes".
    Ahh so I AM the exception then? lol ;)
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options

I prefer savory to sweet, I hate pepsi and only drink diet coke. I only drink lager, dry wine or vodka and diet coke. maybe I am an exception to your rule?

No.
    lol why???

No.
    yes
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options

No.
    lol why???

No.
    yes

You can be proud then...
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    No thanks... I don't want to become a urine snob.

lol! :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Regarding wine, there are many different types....so it's more about finding your preferences there. There are sweeter wines. I definitely have my favs and others I don't care for. Same with beer.

I know YOU drink dirty martinis. Gag me with a spoon. Or a green olive! sick.gif Which is anything but sweet! :wink:

:tongue:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Regarding wine, there are many different types....so it's more about finding your preferences there. There are sweeter wines. I definitely have my favs and others I don't care for. Same with beer.

I know YOU drink dirty martinis. Gag me with a spoon. Or a green olive! sick.gif Which is anything but sweet! :wink:

:tongue:

Crap! I forgot you knew that. :grumble:

I win!! th_muahaha.gif
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Was watching TV yesterday and noticed several commercials for that new flavored vodka. This is on the heels of other drink ads where the alcohol is flavored, i.e. Mike's Hard Lemonade, etc.

So that got me thinking and confirms the human condition that, in general, humans prefer sweet things. One of the reasons Pepsi beats Coke in those sipping taste tests is that Pepsi, being sweeter than Coke, tastes better to the human tongue when sampled in small amounts.

Most alcoholic drinks are sipped. So if the above it true then it makes sense that we, as humans would prefer sweeter drinks. Makers of vodka realize it and so have others. So that made my head think a little more. Thought about those drinks that are "an acquired taste". You know, like wine, scotch, etc.

So my argument is that if the drink has to become an acquired taste then its not worth it. So for all you wine snobs, all you sophisticated snobs who prefer their scotch "straight up", you're full of it. You know that you the taste sucks and you've conditioned yourself to like it for snobbish social reasons.

So try this. Drink your urine. It's sterile and you'll come to acquire a taste for it.

That is all.

:drinker:

Don't understand why a person feels the need to pick a fight first thing in the morning, but, hey, here you go. My wife is one of those so-called wine snobs. Makes her happy to select, taste, share and discuss wines. She enjoys it. It gives her an opportunity to plan evenings around "tastings" with her friends. That makes me happy. As for me. Don't like "scotch, straight up". I do however enjoy Single Barrel Bourbon, straight up. See how I threw "Single Barrel" in there. Must make me some kind of snob, too. Although, until I read your ridiculous rant, I thought I just liked the taste. I'll have a Margarita occassionally with a Mexican meal, or a Mai Tai at my favorite Chines Restaurant. A glass of Port goes good with a cigar.

By the way, a person's sense of smell and taste combine differently with different individuals. To make your palate the standard by which you judge everyone elses is naive at best.

Guess you and I won't be going out for a drink anytime soon.
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Was watching TV yesterday and noticed several commercials for that new flavored vodka. This is on the heels of other drink ads where the alcohol is flavored, i.e. Mike's Hard Lemonade, etc.

So that got me thinking and confirms the human condition that, in general, humans prefer sweet things. One of the reasons Pepsi beats Coke in those sipping taste tests is that Pepsi, being sweeter than Coke, tastes better to the human tongue when sampled in small amounts.

Most alcoholic drinks are sipped. So if the above it true then it makes sense that we, as humans would prefer sweeter drinks. Makers of vodka realize it and so have others. So that made my head think a little more. Thought about those drinks that are "an acquired taste". You know, like wine, scotch, etc.

So my argument is that if the drink has to become an acquired taste then its not worth it. So for all you wine snobs, all you sophisticated snobs who prefer their scotch "straight up", you're full of it. You know that you the taste sucks and you've conditioned yourself to like it for snobbish social reasons.

So try this. Drink your urine. It's sterile and you'll come to acquire a taste for it.

That is all.

:drinker:

Don't understand why a person feels the need to pick a fight first thing in the morning, but, hey, here you go. My wife is one of those so-called wine snobs. Makes her happy to select, taste, share and discuss wines. She enjoys it. It gives her an opportunity to plan evenings around "tastings" with her friends. That makes me happy. As for me. Don't like "scotch, straight up". I do however enjoy Single Barrel Bourbon, straight up. See how I threw "Single Barrel" in there. Must make me some kind of snob, too. Although, until I read your ridiculous rant, I thought I just liked the taste. I'll have a Margarita occassionally with a Mexican meal, or a Mai Tai at my favorite Chines Restaurant. A glass of Port goes good with a cigar.

By the way, a person's sense of smell and taste combine differently with different individuals. To make your palate the standard by which you judge everyone elses is naive at best.

Love this post. RoadDog, If you're ever in Ireland I would be happy to introduce you to the joys of single malt Irish Whiskey.
  • Paddy31
    Paddy31 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Scientifically its been proven that when sipped, humans prefer sweeter drinks.
    If you drink sweet drinks, it changes your ability to taste sweetness.

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/neuroscience/bn-news/2011/110609-sweet.html
    research shows that sugary drinks have a powerful influence on sensory sensitivity and subconscious choice, leading to a preference for sweet food and implications for longterm health.

Research by academics at the universities of Bristol and Bangor has shown for the first time that overweight and obese people have a dulled sensitivity to the sweetness of soft drinks but an enhanced subconscious liking of sweet food.

So if you drink sweet drinks, you crave sweet drinks.

I think this could suggest that the preference for sweet foods is a learned trait not an ingrained one.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'd pour a nice glass of Pinot, but I'm too busy enjoying my strong, black coffee.

Are there honestly people offended by anything Max writes?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Bring your wallet if you do. :laugh:

Maxie - :flowerforyou:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I think some people need to drink more often.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I think some people need to drink more often.

Amen, sister.