Why hello there, I'm new!

Options
I've never introduced myself (I've only been here a week). I'm 22 and I'm a recent college graduate. I've gained about 10-15 lbs during the emotional roller-coaster of trying to find employment. Also, I'm switching from the college lifestyle of not eating very much and walking everywhere to that of a person in a sedentary job.

My weight has always been an issue. Growing up I was the "chunky girl" and during my high school/college years it varied due to lifestyle and stress. My wardrobe is filled with a lot of different sizes/fits because I never know where I'm going to be. I want to finally get my weight under control to the point where it's not a guessing game. "Am I fat this week, or skinny?"

I also want to tone my stomach. It's always been poochy and I have a "mother's apron" (thanks genetics) even though I don't have kids. Not cute.

The fit and toned body will also be a personal accomplishment. I'm a home fitness diva. No nutritionist (yet) and no personal trainer. Just an elliptical, Exercise TV on Demand, myfitnesspal, and me :smile: .

This is a lifestyle change for me, and I'm glad my friend hipped me to this site! Knowing my calorie input/output has been so helpful. I'm happy to be here!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You'll love it.
  • strawberryshortbread
    Options
    welcome and good luck! sometimes you feel like your on your own but lots of advice and inspiration here :smile: