I always go over.....

genabug
genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
I never go over my cals, or fat, or even sugar, but I seem to go over my protein, and fiber. I don't know, is this a good thing, or a bad thing? silly questions, but I just have to ask! Please educate me!:wink:

Replies

• genabug
    I never go over my cals, or fat, or even sugar, but I seem to go over my protein, and fiber. I don't know, is this a good thing, or a bad thing? silly questions, but I just have to ask! Please educate me!:wink:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    For me I'm the same way...but I've lost 11 pounds now so I can't think it's to bad :laugh: If your having problems losing it...then I would work on changing it up...if not then don't worry about it.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    MFP tends to go fairly low on protein allowance, so going over by a little bit should be ok.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Same here. I have even lowered the amount of protein in my diet and I still go over. AND...I almost have to force myself to eat more carbs just to meet that daily goal. I've lost weight, so I something is working. :happy:
  • genabug
    Well I haven't been at this long, so I didn't want to gain weight to find out I was doing something wrong!!! :huh:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    My guess is if you go over on carbs and sugar...you would gain. Lean protein...no gain. ???
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    I always went over fat and protein. Last month I decided to get the carbs and not go over on fat or protein and I feel horrible and weak. There is another post about the phases of weight loss and that in the beginning phase your protein should be 50%.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    can't we manually adjust the protein allowance in our individual settings? Because I am in the same boat... always "over" on protein and "under" on carbs.

:indifferent:
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    can't we manually adjust the protein allowance in our individual settings? Because I am in the same boat... always "over" on protein and "under" on carbs.

Yes you can jus go under adjust goals and then manual!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    i wish i had your problem!!:laugh:
  • genabug

Yes you can jus go under adjust goals and then manual!

But how do you know how much protein you should have?:huh: