Coffee Help!!!

Options
Ok. I have been dieting for about 3 weeks now. I REALLY miss my Iced Milky Way Lates. HELP!!! What do you get that tastes good and it good for the diet?? If I got a carmel frap or carmel Mocha my calories for the day are toast. Help this coffee lover get her fix!

Thank you!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    There are not substitutions. Let it go. I just have plain with 1 sugar and low fat milk.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Had to drop it to black no sugar or with a sweetner. Has to go im afraid.
  • brandtman
    brandtman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Coffee, Soy Slendor Cappuccino Flavored Soy Milk, a little sugar free vanilla syrup and ice!

Tastes good! You can also throw in a little protein powder into a blender and make a smoothie.

Good Luck
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Find a fat free creamer but go light on the servings- that's what I do. I have to have my coffee in the mornings (mother of 3 here) to start my day.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Coffee, black. Thats the best way to get your coffee on and not waste any cals on non-nutrient rich sources.
  • MandaLen13
    MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Try the Millstone flavored coffees. I like the Caramel Truffle. Very low in calories (6 oz is only 12 cal) and the flavor is already in the coffee. You can serve them hot or cold. and to make them just a little sweeter I add a few tbsp of fat free hazelnut creamer. Only 25 cal per tbsp.

They also make a chocolate velvet coffee which might help replace your Milky Way Lates ;0)
  • kevneedham
    Options
    Have what you like, but just exercise more.
  • yamdad
    yamdad Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How about a keurig french vanilla with half a sweet n low and coffeemate non dairy creamer
  • 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Options
    I premix 1 scoop of EAS 3 stage premium vanilla (you could use chocolate for mocha) protein powder with unsweetened almond milk and then add that to my coffee. I find it quite good and it's under 100 calories plus you get protein and very little sugar. Since I work out in the monring it makes a good pre-workout booster.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I was like you too. It took me a few mths but I went from having coffee with full fat Carnation French Vanilla (about 220 cals!!) to now Sugar free French Vanilla (about 60-80 cals). It definitely took me a while to adjust to the sugar free but its worth it and now it tastes good to me. :smile:
  • adamtwd88
    Options
    There are not substitutions. Let it go. I just have plain with 1 sugar and low fat milk.

i agree. just drink normal coffe :) ha
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Coffee, half and half (just 1T) and a Tbsp of sugar free davinci syrup. One or 2 cups. I usually have 2 in the mornings and it's under 50 calories.
  • shapoz
    shapoz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee almost every morning...We make regular brewed coffee.
    I only drink one cup and I use 2 tsp sugar, and about 2 TBL liquid creamer, usually the great value french vanilla.
    This only gives me about 92 calories.
    It's not something I'm willing to give up, so I make adjustments...I just don't eat that extra piece of bread at dinner, or whatever.

You can try out the other flavors of creamers out there, they have a lot to choose from.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Well start trying to get a smaller size of coffee and then gradually take it down to once a week. Morning lattes are full of extra calories--I know! I had to ween myself off them and now I'm losing again. Also, now when I do drink coffee it's more effective!

AND my wallet is happier!
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Don't drink anything other than water. Not the answer you wanted, but I have so much more energy since I gave up coffee. I drink 3 glasses of water in the morning before working out, and eat clean the rest of the day (about 90 percent of the time - got to have a little wiggle room). I've found that coffee is just not for my body. I really think you'd preform better without it. I drink Tazo's "Awake" black tea (caffeine free) in the morning though. It's good.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    OORRRRR.... sometimes in the afternoon I make an iced coffee with chocolate protein powder coffee and milk :) Davinci sugar free syrup works well here too! More calories but you get protein and a pick me up.
  • skinnimini16
    Options
    at Starbucks they have a skinny vanilla, and skinny Carmel low calories, and low in fat:)
  • mjmoore8480
    Options
    at Starbucks they have a skinny vanilla, and skinny Carmel low calories, and low in fat:)

I was about to say the same thing- most coffee chains offer skinny versions of their drinks that are super yummy- McDonalds even has sugar free flavored syrups that you can add to a regular coffee to give you flavor without the cals. just ask the next time you go to get your coffee. I'm sure they'll have something yummy that wont ruin your day!! :-)
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I'm no help here. When I first started drinking coffee back in high school I decided that if I didn't like the taste of it straight up -- black with no sugar -- then I had no business drinking it at all....and that was decades before the latte craze started. That initial decision has saved me hundreds of calories each day of my life since.

Milky Way Latte?!?!?! You're kidding, right?
  • mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I splurge once a week on a Venti Skinny Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks.
    The rest of the week I drink Dunkin Donuts coffee with a splash of skim milk.
    If I cave and have an extra Starbucks for the week, I just make it up at the gym.