Regular Eating?

Options
Hi,

I was wondering how often people eat?

I used to normally eat 3 meals a day. I'd have breakfast around 8am and then have lunch around 1pm and dinner never later than 6:30pm, however just lately I have found that I am not feeling the need to eat between breakfast and dinner and the thought of forcing in some food to keep make sure I have eaten the right amount a day to stop my body storing fat makes me feel physically sick.

I don't want to eat to late in the evenings but I know that it's not healthy to skip meals either.

Has anyone else expirenced something similar and if so how have you overcome this?

All advice is highly valued :smile:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Don't eat breakfast, never did. I eat 6 meals a day. I also eat up until midnight every night. As long as I stay within my goals I'm good. This is a typical day. I change up the type of protein, carb, and veggies. But basically that's it.

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Chol
    Sugars - Granulated (sucrose), 2 tsp 33 8 0 0 0 0
    Milk - Reduced fat, 2% milkfat, 2 fl oz 31 3 1 2 25 5
    Coffee - Black, 20 fl oz 0 0 0 0 0 0

Lunch
    Pepperidge Farm - Light Style Bread - Oatmeal, 37.62 grams (3 Slices) 92 18 1 5 172 0
    Dietz and Watson - Cheddar With Horseradish Cheese Slice, 1 Slice 110 1 9 6 270 30
    Butterball - Turkey Breast Whole Roasted, 1 oz 28 0 1 5 125 11
    Hellman's - Light Mayo, 0.5 Tbsp 20 1 2 0 58 3
    Tomato - Raw, Red, 0.5 tomato 5 2 0 1 3 0
    Lettuce - Cos or romaine, raw, 1 leaf outer 5 1 0 0 2 0

Snack
    Fresh Fruit - Cantalope, 1 cup cubed 54 14 0 1 26 0

Dinner
    turkey chili, 1.5 serving 248 27 1 32 711 42
    Biggest Loser 's - Roasted Cauliflower, 1 cup cooked 69 7 4 3 81 3
    Marie's - Yogurt Dressing Parmesan Caesar, 2 Tbsp (28g) 50 2 5 1 200 10
    Sargento - Colby-Jack Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese, 1/8 cup 45 1 3 4 90 8
    Dole - American Blend Lettuce (From Website), 2 cups 20 4 0 1 13 0
    Fresh Gourmet - Cheese & Garlic Premium Croutons, 6 croutons 30 5 1 1 65 0
    Generic - Bottom Round Roast Beef, 2 oz 100 0 6 11 110 28

snack
    Sabra - Supremely Spicy Hummus, 1.5 Tbsp. 53 3 5 2 98 0
    Nabisco - Wheat Thins - Crackers - Original, 8 crackers 70 11 3 1 115 0

snack
    Orville Redenbacher's - Popcorn, Smartpop, , 0.5 bg 130 24 2 4 160 0
    Condiments - Peanut Butter - Natural - Crazy Richard's, 0.25 Tbsp (32g) 24 1 2 1 0 0
    America's Choice - Low Fat Honey Graham Crackers, 2 whole crackers 110 22 1 2 130 0
    Smucker's - Low Sugar Concord Grape Jelly, 0.25 Tbsp 6 2 0 0 0 0

Totals 1,333 157 47 83 2,454 140
    Your Daily Goal 1,570 195 52 79 2,500 300
    Remaining 237 38 5 -4 46 160
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Chol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't know that there is a magic "one size fits all" formula. I'm usually rushed and not very hungry in the mornings so I have a glass of soy milk and rarely eat anything before 10 a.m. Then I pretty much snack all day long. Handful of almonds here, veggies w pb there, some leftovers during lunch at work, then I have a decent sized meal for dinner in the evenings. This works for me since I workout in the evening after work,
  • lbudnick
    Options
    I am the opposite. I eat within 30 minutes of waking in the morning, again later in the morning, light lunch around mid-day, afternoon snack, light dinner, and maybe a glass of wine or light snack in the evening. I try to keep the calories around 350 per meal and eat up to 6 times a day for a total of about 1900 - 2000 calories and a good workout everyday. Works for me. There's no way I could go all day between breakfast and dinner without getting hungry and run down.
  • Whiskey_Byrne
    Whiskey_Byrne Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I need to eat something in the mornings or suffer with headaches through the day. Maybe it's a question of changing what I have for breakfast and swap 2 slices of toast (no butter) with Marmite for a piece of fruit instead.
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My diay is open. I used to have three meals a day plus two snacks. I recently changed my diary so I eat small meals throughout the day (24hrs not 12hrs) . I think for me its better to have several small meals instead of a few large ones. This way I keep my energy up ; don't stuff my face...:smile:; best of all if I go for an early morning workout I log what I eat before breakfast and if its a late evening one I log that too. I suppose its about having more options in terms of my lifestyle and eating habits which don't fit neatly into three square meals (and two snacks).
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Oh I only changed my diarysettings a couple of days ago. Before that it was the standard settings. MFP applied the change for the whole diary so if you look back beyond 2-3 days it looks a little messed up.
  • jmosery
    jmosery Posts: 10
    Options
    I think you have to do whats right for YOU

I usually eat at 9am and then again at 1pm and most days dont eat till the next day. i dont get hungry at night. I do have bigger meals and they are at least 600 calories because I use a lot of olive oil and other healthy fats, cheeses. so definetly getting in the right calories

I personally do better on 2 meals a day

if you want to eat 2 meals a day. go for it

i couldn't eat 6 meals a day. i feel like i'm tied down to a clock and hate feeling hungry which eating small meals always makes me feel like.

you do whats right for you. their is no right or wrong and one way does not produce better results than others.

so if eating a big breakfast and a big dinner works for you, great!!
    jaime
  • Whiskey_Byrne
    Whiskey_Byrne Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the opinions, they all look to be very helpful options and I will see what works with trial and error.

:flowerforyou: