Food for thought ... ?

Options
Dear Venerable Members of MFP:

I am desperately trying to kick my caffeine addiction. It is not healthful and it's eating a hole in my budget. Also, since I quit eating processed sugar like it was life's bread, I am finding it hard to jump-start my late-night study sessions.

Any suggestions on good, energizing food that won't kill me in 25 years...?

PS: my life depends on getting some answers (ok, maybe just my Master's degree, but that is my life right now). :huh:

Replies

• pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Dear Venerable Members of MFP:

I am desperately trying to kick my caffeine addiction. It is not healthful and it's eating a hole in my budget. Also, since I quit eating processed sugar like it was life's bread, I am finding it hard to jump-start my late-night study sessions.

Any suggestions on good, energizing food that won't kill me in 25 years...?

PS: my life depends on getting some answers (ok, maybe just my Master's degree, but that is my life right now). :huh:
  • nicolet04
    Options
    maybe a protein shake(dessert brand in cinnamon roll is really good), some mixed nuts, a yogurt or maybe just chew a piece of gum??? my father in law is trying to quit drinking caffeine and he sucks on the fire jollyranchers and eats sunflower seeds...not at the same time:laugh: !! hope this helps...good luck!!!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds... not a bad idea. Thanks!
  • cstang
    cstang Posts: 28
    Options
    I have the same addiction. I work nights and have 3 kids, so my days are very long. I've found that when my "habit' gets out of hand, I start backing off the caffeine by drinking 1/2 decaf and 1/2 regular. If I go cold turkey I get the WORST withdrawal headaches you can imagine:sad: So, once I start with the 1/2 and 1/2 for a while, I eventually go down to just water. Now, exercise does the trick on the nights I work. I postpone my workout until late morning, so I'm energized for my shift without the caffeine. This also helps when I get home because I can easily fall to sleep without the tossing/turning from the caffeine. I've replaced my caffeine with water in the evenings so I have something to drink to keep my hands busy and my mind off the coffee:drinker: Hope this helps!