Ladies! Buddy Up and Lose Weight--Join the Diamonds! [OPEN]

Options
13»

Replies

• majikwon1961
    Options
    HI! I been on mfp for a few months. I've lost 16 lbs. I've still got a long way to go. I need to lose at least 90 more lbs. I am doing a whole lot better now. I'm really getting into exercising. Learning new workouts. Just started strenght training and I really like it. I have some bad days where I just have to fight to stay on track. I want to eat just because and lay around. It's getting better but I still need some support. I was in another group and it fell apart. I would love to join this group.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of the newly registered ladies! You guys are going to love being Diamonds!
  • slimdownspicey
    slimdownspicey Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having trouble with the google docs links? I posted a reply and would love to officially register but I can't get the google docs link to work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?authkey=CJyH9_8P&authkey=CJyH9_8P&hl=en_US&formkey=dG9XQlYzeUxSUjhqeGxtbzZZRzlELUE6MQ#gid
  • LittleDiamonds
    Options
    Is anyone else having trouble with the google docs links? I posted a reply and would love to officially register but I can't get the google docs link to work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?authkey=CJyH9_8P&authkey=CJyH9_8P&hl=en_US&formkey=dG9XQlYzeUxSUjhqeGxtbzZZRzlELUE6MQ#gid

Are you still having trouble? It seems to be working on my end... I have received several registration forms. Maybe try a different browser?
  • megcc
    megcc Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Meg!
    I'm joining this challenge b/c I need motivation and accountability to loose 15-20 lbs. I've lost my pregnancy weight but I put on 15 when we we're trying and now it needs to be gone! I've weaned DD now that she's a year and it's time to get my body back!
  • Chirron40
    Chirron40 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sherry. I've lost 10lbs on my own and decided to join MFP for extra motivation. Having a buddy and someone to be accountable to is exactly what I need. I will be turning 40 next summer and REALLY want to be healthy and at an ideal weight.
  • anitasf
    anitasf Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Anita and I would like to join the Diamonds because I really need the motivation to help me on my weight lose journey. I think having a buddy will keep me on the right track and give me the opportunity to inspire someone as well. I have no health issues and I would like to keep it that way because my family has a history of diabetes, high blood pressure and kidney disease. I just want to be healthy and enjoy life.
  • TWood10
    TWood10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My name is Tennille--and I want to join for accountability--when you are helping someone else along that is struggling as well-it puts extra pressure on you to work harder! I just started a new food plan today--and I am really wanting to make this a lasting change!
  • codonnell13
    codonnell13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Claire, and I am fairly new to MFP. I would love to have other people keeping me accountable for what I do. I am ready to get healthy and having a buddy will help keep me on track!
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My name is Sam. I've been on MFP for nearly 8months but so far I've just been keeping track of my "normal" rather than improving. I'd like to join this group to be able to provide and receive accountability. There's just too much of life to live to worry about "if only...." so I'm going to be a WHEN and not an IF. :)
  • holly_bear
    Options
    I officially registerd but have not recieved an email yet. Is this ok? I am so excited to start officially tomorrow!!
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My name is Shelly and I'm 29 and I'm looking to lose weight because: I am so tired of being a hermit and canceling plans because of my weight gain and I want to fit back into all of my cute clothes!
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My name is Jennifer and I know its late. But since it still says open, I'm guessing the final match ups are tonight. I hope I'm not too late.

My reason for joining is the only time I've ever lost more then a few pounds was when I was part of a Couch to 5K forum for 10 weeks. I loved it and was on everyday. Once it ended, though, I haven't found another great group. That was last September.

Also, when I am at work, working out is super easy. I don't have anything to do at night, so might as well go to the gym. Well, I only work for 5 more weeks. Then I'm back home in the comfort of my house, my dog, my loving boyfriend, and yummy beer. It's not easy to keep up, and last year I quit it all within a month of getting home and gained back my 20 lbs. by January.

I am super motivated when I'm accountable to someone. And I love a challenge, especially when there is planned time and calenders.

I look forward to this challenge and a great partner!

Jennifer
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    My name is Karen. I would like to be part of this challenge. I joined MFP in March. I weighed 193 lbs. I have been working really hard to lose, but I find I do better on a team. I love being a part of a team. I am an team asset as I will do everything I can possibly do. My husband left me in March. I want to get healthy for me, but I want to be skinny when he sees me! I know petty and childish, but you said be honest!
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    I still haven't gotten anything!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    When are we going to get partnered up?
  • nafroese
    nafroese Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My name is Naomi. i would like to join this challenge because I would like to extra support and being accountable to someone else more than just me. I am a teacher and a mother of two and have been battling with my weight since before my children were born.
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm going to pull out as I haven't heard anything and have joined another challenge that starts tomorrow.

Julie