I. Love. ALDI'S!!!!

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I never imagined that eating the best I could could be so dirt cheap. I was always curious as to what an aldi's is like and if some of you have no idea what it is its a kinda off brand grocery store. It probably is the top shelf stuff under thier label(companies do that I learned in culinary school). I was able to stock my shelves for about a month for 55 dollars meat cereal veggies calorie free drinks lite yogurt healty treats whole grain bread chips and salsa!!!!!!!!!!! It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• FitJoani
    Options
    I never imagined that eating the best I could could be so dirt cheap. I was always curious as to what an aldi's is like and if some of you have no idea what it is its a kinda off brand grocery store. It probably is the top shelf stuff under thier label(companies do that I learned in culinary school). I was able to stock my shelves for about a month for 55 dollars meat cereal veggies calorie free drinks lite yogurt healty treats whole grain bread chips and salsa!!!!!!!!!!! It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I love it too! We have them all over the place here in Chicago and the burbs. They have soy milk, goat cheese, "Skinny Cow" ice cream sandwiches, healthy tortilla chips, I could go on and on. Rarely do I need to get anything else at other grocery stores!
  • FitJoani
    Options
    absolutely. I was grabbin up thier fit and active line like crazy. the 100 calorie packs taste the same as the big brands. I am by no means stuck on myself to need the "brands" . I also snatched up some of that salsa. I didnt try it yet but its peach and pineapple
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Wow. We have one down the street but have never been there. I've been meaning to check it out. Is what I hear true though.....you have to bring your own bags and sack your own groceries?
  • nissangal
    nissangal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just got home from ALDI'S with lots of canned and fresh veggies and plain yogurt !!! love it
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Wow. We have one down the street but have never been there. I've been meaning to check it out. Is what I hear true though.....you have to bring your own bags and sack your own groceries?

Yeah, you put a quarter in to get your cart, and they do have paper bags for sale for 2 cents (I think). Oh and you do get your quarter back when you return the cart. As far as bagging, it's not a big deal to bag em yourself, especially when you save so much money!!! They have wine and beer at the one by my house too!!
  • FitJoani
    Options

Yeah, you put a quarter in to get your cart, and they do have paper bags for sale for 2 cents (I think). Oh and you do get your quarter back when you return the cart. As far as bagging, it's not a big deal to bag em yourself, especially when you save so much money!!! They have wine and beer at the one by my house too!!
    You lucky duck. I live in PA and I am almost sure that we are the only state that doesnt sell booze in grocery\ stores/gas stations.
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I do love that store I live across the street from our and I love it. I can spend roughly $ 50 and can get stocked up on my vegs, pasta dishes, lunch things for the kids and alot more. It is the best. The only thing I won't get there is my meat. I am kinda picky on that one. But it is totally worth every bit of it.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    we have an aldi close by but i never been shop there

You resurrected a NINE year old thread just to say you've never been to the place in question!!! Brilliant, just made my day!!

Actually, you've got so many posts I did a search on your name wondering if you have a competition on to resurrect something old and random. Have you been in a coma and just catching up again on the last nine years...? :D