Does Tea w/caffeine count as water or only

Options
tea that is decaf??

Thank you all, and have a great evening!!

denise:)

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    tea that is decaf??

Thank you all, and have a great evening!!

denise:)
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I've heard two different opinions on this:

1. You must drink two cups of water for every cup of coffee or tea you drink because they are diuretics, whether decaf or regular.

and

2. The amount of water in the tea or coffee is enough to cover the diuretic affect and you don't need to worry about any fluid loss.

I know that's no help, but I'm curious to see what others have to say.
  • Cole4248
    Cole4248 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've heard two different opinions on this:

1. You must drink two cups of water for every cup of coffee or tea you drink because they are diuretics, whether decaf or regular.

and

2. The amount of water in the tea or coffee is enough to cover the diuretic affect and you don't need to worry about any fluid loss.

I know that's no help, but I'm curious to see what others have to say.

I heard that too.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    OH boy, this isn't good news:( I have to drink MORE water:( argggggggggg!! Ok, lets wait and see if more folks reply. I heard the first day I started this that any cup of decaf could be counted the same as 8 oz of water. So we just have to get the facts:) Thanks ladies:) we'll find out:)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    only water should be counted as water. milk, juices and teas are great, drink them if you like, but don't consider them water. They have water in them... but they are not pure water.