I have 9 calories left today - suggestions please!

Options

Replies

• xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    haha! this made me laugh lol!:laugh:

ermm what about 1 little strawberry? 1 grape. etccc think ur kinda limited! :laugh:
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Go exercise for an hour dont be LAZY

that was uncalled for

SOmetimes what is needed the most is the cold hard truth. In this situation, it was very called for!! Get out and walk.. YOu can walk everyday! even on a rest day!

in the words of the all knowing and wise Heather75 (I read this 10 times a day, it motivates me)...
    Do you want to be fat? Do you? No? Then get off your *kitten*, princess.
  • Alissa_Sal
    Alissa_Sal Posts: 141
    Options
    I have walked the dogs for an hour 4 times this week, I have run 3 times, done kettlebells and zumba last night, I have to have a rest day, so more exercise is out until tomorrow! :sad:

Try a nice leisurely walk. It won't burn a ton of calories, but it also won't interfere with resting (I think - I try to go for a walk 7 days a week regardless of my workout schedule.) And then just eat something nutritious and move on. :)
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    a few nuts. Good protein, a little bit of healthy fats and still low in callories. 4-6 should take care of your 9 calories, if you're really hard pressed to use them all up but I personally wouldn't worry too much about a measly 9 calories. 450 cals and no fat left on the other hand (my leftovers after entrering in my whole day) not sure what I'm going to do about.
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    9 calories

you could LICK a piece of chocolate- once

SMELL a piece of cake

orrrr, you could take come 9 calories of sugar free chocolate syrup, and burn some calories enjoying it
  • Debs1971
    Debs1971 Posts: 41
    Options
    I have walked the dogs for an hour 4 times this week, I have run 3 times, done kettlebells and zumba last night, I have to have a rest day, so more exercise is out until tomorrow! :sad:
    walking isnt really exercise lol but it burns calories. Just because you have a rest day doesnt mean you stop moving. AndI havnt had a dog in a while but i am pretty sure they like to walk more than 4 times a week! Twice a day.
    When i say walk the dogs i mean speed march for 5 1/2 miles, they run for about 3 times that! its only Thursday, so they will have done that 6 times by sunday and they go out with other people, so i think they get their fair share! They are fast asleep now! ha ha

Im only joking about the 9 calories BTW :smile:
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options

that was uncalled for

SOmetimes what is needed the most is the cold hard truth. In this situation, it was very called for!! Get out and walk.. YOu can walk everyday! even on a rest day!

in the words of the all knowing and wise Heather75 (I read this 10 times a day, it motivates me)...

This was a happy joke post, both of you really are very rude, she didnt post asking for this
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Get out and move. Then you'll have exercise calories.
    -wtk
    This is the Chit-Chat section...that combined with the "ha ha" face makes me think this is supposed to be fun, not serious, people!
    Thanks for posting this; my thoughts exactly. :bigsmile:

Maybe. But the original poster "planned ahead" for dinner and entered it into his or her journal. If someone believes he or she might want a snack, maybe plan for a smaller dinner.

I agree with the folks who have said that the calories goal is a recommendation, not a set number. In the same sense, a "rest day" doesn't preclude someone from getting outdoors, doing some light movement...walking, jogging, yoga, etc. I'm with Chantal in that part of responsible dog ownership is at least 90 minutes a day of getting that dog exercise. That's not to say you have to be out walking it the whole time...hell, put the dog on the treadmill for all I care. But it's unfair to the animal to say, "I'm just going to let you in the backyard today."

Add to that the common misinterpretation of negative calorie foods and this thread is just a disaster. That said, I did find "Go exercise for an hour dont be LAZY " to be inappropriate.
    -wtk
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options

that was uncalled for

This was a happy joke post, both of you really are very rude, she didnt post asking for this

MEH, tell me something I don't already know.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Two pimiento stuffed olives. Yum!
  • chubbychristianchick
    chubbychristianchick Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You can also try negative calorie foods too.

Negative Calorie Vegetables
    Asparagus
    Beet Root
    Broccoli
    Cabbage
    Carrot
    Cauliflower
    Celery Chicory
    Hot Chili
    Cucumber
    Garden cress
    Garlic
    Green Beans
    Lettuce
    Onion
    Radish
    Spinach
    Turnip
    Zucchini

Negative Calorie Fruits
    Apple
    Blueberries
    Cantaloupe
    Cranberry
    Grapefruit Honeydew
    Lemon/Lime
    Mango
    Orange
    Papaya
    Peach Pineapple
    Raspberry
    Strawberry
    Tomato
    Tangerine
    Turnip
    Watermelon

I really don't believe in the whoe negative calorie foods. If it were true wouldn't people on all natural diets starve to death?
  • Debs1971
    Options
    Get out and move. Then you'll have exercise calories.
    -wtk
    This is the Chit-Chat section...that combined with the "ha ha" face makes me think this is supposed to be fun, not serious, people!
    Thanks for posting this; my thoughts exactly. :bigsmile:

Maybe. But the original poster "planned ahead" for dinner and entered it into his or her journal. If someone believes he or she might want a snack, maybe plan for a smaller dinner.

I agree with the folks who have said that the calories goal is a recommendation, not a set number. In the same sense, a "rest day" doesn't preclude someone from getting outdoors, doing some light movement...walking, jogging, yoga, etc. I'm with Chantal in that part of responsible dog ownership is at least 90 minutes a day of getting that dog exercise. That's not to say you have to be out walking it the whole time...hell, put the dog on the treadmill for all I care. But it's unfair to the animal to say, "I'm just going to let you in the backyard today."

Add to that the common misinterpretation of negative calorie foods and this thread is just a disaster. That said, I did find "Go exercise for an hour dont be LAZY " to be inappropriate.
    -wtk
    This was only a joke..... I am not hungry, do not need a snack..... my dogs are walked absolutely loads as i live in beautiful countryside and im not the only one that walks them, i work from home and they are never alone in a backyard..... Today i have been very active just not in what i would call formal exercise.... If i was serious i wouldnt have put this in the 'fun' section!
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    walking isnt really exercise lol but it burns calories. Just because you have a rest day doesnt mean you stop moving. AndI havnt had a dog in a while but i am pretty sure they like to walk more than 4 times a week! Twice a day.
    When i say walk the dogs i mean speed march for 5 1/2 miles, they run for about 3 times that! its only Thursday, so they will have done that 6 times by sunday and they go out with other people, so i think they get their fair share! They are fast asleep now! ha ha

I'm with you and so are a handful of others! I thought it was a cute post! Perhaps people drank too much Serious Tea this morning or something - I bet that stuff has negative calories....
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    WOW GUYS: Ya'll turned the happiest and I thought a quite funny post into something so negative. and I won't quote the lady but saying that walking isn't really exercise is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. Everyone and I'm not saying the original poster can't, work-out at high intensity. walking is one of the best and effective ways to burn some calories if that's all you can do. myfitnesspal is for encouraging good and healthy behaviors. we should have an ignorant alarm for such posts.
  • Debs1971
    Options

I'm with you and so are a handful of others! I thought it was a cute post! Perhaps people drank too much Serious Tea this morning or something - I bet that stuff has negative calories....

Thanks
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Half a bag of rocket leaves!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options

never-mind I'll quote it anyway.this was just stupid, I can't call it by anything else. walking is deff. exercise. tell a 400pound man that it isn't. that is one of the most effective things you can do. this wasn't even a serious post to begin with.
  • Dornroschen
    Options
    Half a bag of rocket leaves!

ROCKET LEAVES!?!?! What's that!?

It sounds fast and vegetably!
  • Dornroschen
    Options

never-mind I'll quote it anyway.this was just stupid, I can't call it by anything else. walking is deff. exercise. tell a 400pound man that it isn't. that is one of the most effective things you can do. this wasn't even a serious post to begin with.

Agree!

Unfortunately you can't TEACH humor.... :)
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You can also try negative calorie foods too.

Negative Calorie Vegetables
    Asparagus
    Beet Root
    Broccoli
    Cabbage
    Carrot
    Cauliflower
    Celery Chicory
    Hot Chili
    Cucumber
    Garden cress
    Garlic