Soda Cake

Options
artschoolgirl
artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
Hi there!
Has anyone tried gingerale in the diet soda cake before? I'm currently waiting for my mad scientist experiment, a lemon cake mix with gingerale, to come out of the oven....it's hard to find just a can of pop these days, so I settled for a can of gingerale....We'll see!!!!

Replies

• artschoolgirl
    Options
    Hi there!
    Has anyone tried gingerale in the diet soda cake before? I'm currently waiting for my mad scientist experiment, a lemon cake mix with gingerale, to come out of the oven....it's hard to find just a can of pop these days, so I settled for a can of gingerale....We'll see!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    There was a thread about this a couple months ago.

If I remember...cola's for chocolate cake, light sodas for yellow/vanilla cake! :smile:

Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Finished the cake & gingerale is fabulous!!! It tastes great....Lemon cake mmmm
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Finished the cake & gingerale is fabulous!!! It tastes great....Lemon cake mmmm

I don't believe you.

Send it to me! :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    My family loves the diet soda cakes - YUUMMMMYYY!!
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    My family has come to love this cake -- so moist and delicious! My recipe calls it a "Sundrop" cake with lemon cake mix, but have tried variations with other cake mixes and pops. Highly recommend it! I also usually bake it in a bundt cake pan, and so I typically only use a little glaze instead of a lot of icing, which helps on the calories!:smile:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    A friend and I made gingerbread cake with Coke Zero. Delicious!

Tell me, how does the flavor of the soda alter the taste? It was hard to tell with the gingerbread because the ginger was frickin intense.
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Well, with the lemon cake and gingerale the cake batter was not so good :noway: that may also be the extreme sugar intake after my workout that made it kinda repulsive. But after it is baked i do not find that the soda takes over the flavor at all. I still have experiments to do though!