August- Why are you so awful?

Options
August has not been kind to me in the weight loss department. I was down 87lbs on July 16th. (I lost 8 lbs in one week because I had a wisdom tooth removed and a root canal in the same week. Needless to say, all I was eating was Italian ice and ice cream haha). Anyway, since then I have gained back about 4 1/2 lbs. I know this is because I am actually eating solid foods now, but I am also finding myself cheating a bit. I do exercise 5 days a week and try to make healthy choices, but I feel like I am slipping a bit! I think I have summer fatigue. :)

It also doesn't help that my mother went to the Entenmann's outlet yesterday and brought home 3 boxes of baked deliciousness. Luckily I am just visiting.

Today I am going to try really hard to stick to the MFP plan and not give in to the temptation ! Though I am going out tonight, so there will be a few light beers worked into my calorie scheme :D

Replies

• arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Just try your hardest to make smart choices! August hasn't been great for me either. I think it's just "one of those months" =] Best of luck. I hope you get back on track =]
  • LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just had the same thin and gained 4 lbs as well. you just have to get back in the right mind set... BTW i have another dental appt scheduled for sept 1 for the same thing (other side).. wish me luck!
  • lisabaldauf
    lisabaldauf Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    87 lbs thats awesome! That gives me hope that I can drop the 65 more I want to lose. Hang in there and try to get up everyday with a new determination to succeed! You have done an amazing job already! I have no doubt that you will continue to do great!
  • mpeace1406
    mpeace1406 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement everyone, and congrats to you all who have been working towards their goal every day! We can do this in spite of August's crappiness :p