Heart rate

Options
What's your heart rate at it's highest?

Replies

• AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I've gotten mine up to 164. That's the highest I've seen it, but it may have been higher for all I know. I don't really keep track of it when I am exercising.
  • CindyWard4u
    CindyWard4u Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    is this just a survey question or are you asking what should be your max heart rate? There is a formula which is often used to calculate maximum heart rate when exercising.

MHR = 220 - (.85 x Age)

Of course this really varies from person to person but for me this really puts my max up near 183....I am wasted at that rate...lol! I avg between 160-175 when doing intense workouts.
  • wjkirby
    wjkirby Posts: 120
    Options
    Mine has peaked lately at low 160's but I usually try to keep it in the 135-145 range when I run. My averages with the C25K walking and running total time has been in the mid 120's.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Max heart rate varies from person to person, and is genetic not influenced by how in shape you are.

The best way to to determine your Max heart rate is to buy a heart rate monitor and do the tests to calculate it. (It should be included in the literature with your HRM or you can find it on the internet)

My max is 193, I rarely pass 185 in a workout. An intense workout would have an average heart rate of 165 -170 with interval spikes into the 180s
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Mine gets pretty high when I'm pushing myslef. I will get up to the mid 170's at times. I have gotten up to 182 before. When I'm that high I usually don't last more than a few minutes, then I tone it down for a bit....

Oh, and I'm almost 41.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Becky, I just looked at your profile. I also have a son with autism, he will turn 16 in October. I also work with kiddos with Down's and autism.