CRAVING CHOCOLATE MILK

Options
IM craving chocolate milk, and want a big glass of it, help me before i commit this horrible sin!

Replies

• tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE ALMOND MILK, stat! Add some splenda, stevia, agave, whatever your chosen sweetener and voila!

I think it is 45 cals for a cup.
  • trispire
    trispire Posts: 70
    Options
    What is wrong with chocolate milk? There are studies that say that chocolate milk is the best workout recovery drink because it is a perfect blend of carbs and protein and doesn't have a lot of added crap that a lot of sports drink do. I love chocolate milk and rarely drink it but keep a 1/2 gallon of organic chocolate milk in the fridge to have about a cup a week for this reason.

Google it, you'll find a ton of support. Here is one article....
    http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/114274/20110219/chocolate-milk-the-best-post-workout-recovery-drink.htm
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    As long as you have the calories, I say have a glass! Depriving yourself will only make you endulge in other things to try and satisfy the craving.
  • BotsMomJ
    BotsMomJ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think Chocolate Milk is good for you. It's an excellent source of protein and it's great for refueling after a workout!
    Don't deny yourself or you will resent yourself!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I get the Hood Calorie Countdown 2% Reduced Fat chocolate milk ... it's actually very tasty and not bad for you at all. I typically throw in a scoop of protein powder with mine to boost the protein. :)
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I always drink an 8oz glass of 2% milk with 2 tbsp of ovaltine after workout!! helps add vitimins and other great stuff you loose while working out..
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    It is a great post work out drink..(so my trainer says). I think you should go for it!:drinker:
  • world2c
    world2c Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I heard that it was good after a workout too, so after my bike or a run, I've been drinking 1 serving size, and I'm still loosing....... So, I'd say as long as your calorie intake for the day allows it, go for it.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I drink it with whey protein powder after every workout. no complaints about my results :)
  • KnightsGal76
    KnightsGal76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You could also try Chocolate Slim Fast :)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Silk brand Dark Chocolate Almond Milk is really rich and good and only 120 cals per 8oz, might want to give it a try!
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    So have a drink? I don't ee the problem, just make sure you have the excercise calories for it. Things like that always come out of my excercise calories.
  • icandothistrish85
    Options
    I always drink an 8oz glass of 2% milk with 2 tbsp of ovaltine after workout!! helps add vitimins and other great stuff you loose while working out..

I do this too, or I have an Ensure Muscle Revigor Creamy Milk Chocolate as my recovery drink.
  • ecverilla
    Options
    I love 8th Continent or Silk Light Chocolate Soymilk! Dee-licious, only 90 cal a serving, helps kick the chocolate craving!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Instead of a tall glass, have a smaller size glass of chocolate milk and drink is slowly, savoring every mouthful. There's nothing wrong with an occasional glass of chocolate milk. Might even help keep you from overindulging in something else, later.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Workout then have a glass. Its one of the best post-workout drinks there is!
  • MandaLen13
    MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Low fat chocolate milk is NOT a sin! My circuit training instructor says it the best thing to drink after a workout...and I trust her completely! So enjoy some chocolate milk!!! :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Do it half and half with white milk. Chocolate milk is pretty tasty and healthy. What is your beef with it? I buy silk soy chocolate milk and blend frozen banana and protein powder with it. it is so satisfying.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Now I want chocolate milk, thanks, lol...just kidding!
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Or try a chocolate protein shake. I add a scoop of the choc, add some cinnamon, half or a quarter of a banana, and lots of ice. You'll think you are having a creamy chocolate malt! Yet it is very good for you. (Sheesh, forgot to say add about a half cup water too.) Depending on the mix you choose, this should be around 120-150 calories total.

More ice if you want it thick and need a spoon; less if you want to drink it. Enjoy.