Looking at peoples signatures I feel alone in the amount I n

Options
2»

Replies

• kristofferbas
    kristofferbas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm more than halfway to my goal but I still have about 35 kilos to lose 'til my goal. When I started all this I wanted to lose half of me (75 kilos = about 165 lbs), so you're not alone with wanting to lose a lot. Although I've come quite a bit I plan to stay here for a long time. Add me if you want some support of a shrinking former big man :)

/k
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You are def not alone!!! I have had to break up mine so that the BIG number isn't so overwhelming. Like, I just passed 1/4 of my total loss amount, my next goal is the halfway point. I lost the first 35.5lbs in 3 months and I am SO proud of that!!

Just try not to focus on the end goal, it can be very discouraging. Best of luck to you!!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    You can beat yourself up over what you see and what you've done and likely return to the same self destructive habits that got you there...or you can make the changes and determine that no matter what, you are going to reach those goals! It looks like you have already made the decision for the latter and God bless with that. It isn't going to be easy and it will take time, but it is so worth it in the end!
    Feel free to shoot me a friend request, I would be more than happy to join you on this journey!
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    By far you are not alone.... i know for a fact that there is at least one person with a much larger amount to lose than you.....and that would be me....ive been working on it for about 8 months now and still have more to lose than you, but you cant let that number get you down.... you just have to keep thinking about all the people you haven't seen in a while and wonder if they will recognize you when you see them agian.... im kinda hoping that alot of mine wont..... :smile:
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You are most DEFINITELY not alone here! Don't look at it as an "OMG -- I need to lose ALL that?!?!?!?". Just set small goals, celebrate the little achievements, and know you're making yourself healthier in the long run :)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, sorry about the moment of weakness. I was just looking at the numbers and it just got into my head.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You need people at all points in their journey around you. It helps to keep the motivation fresh.
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, sorry about the moment of weakness. I was just looking at the numbers and it just got into my head.

hey we all have our moments of weakness..... unfortunately mine normally end up with me eating something really sweet and good tasting and then moments later regretting the choice..... but still... it happens.. :smile:
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Keep your chin up brotha. If you do the right things the weight loss will come, and it will happen fast. I know when I really got honest with myself I was shocked and upset at how out of control I had let it get. I think this is a completly natural reaction. The fact that you are making a change is what counts.

Keep in mind you don't have to get to your goal weight to have a lot of success. I felt tons better and very accomplished after just 30 lbs. Set some intermediate goals so you have some short term successes.

I recently wrote a blog post on my weight loss, there are some of my lessons learned at the bottom
    http://coloradokeith.com/how-to-loose-100-lbs-playing-outside

Best of luck to the new you!!
  • ZoayZoay
    ZoayZoay Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I wondered that at first but actually there's a fair few of us with plenty of stored energy we want to use up (well, that's how I'm looking at it) ;)

You can only do one day at a time. Just keep on going. It's amazing how it all adds up. (And actually doing it, I'm finding, is 100 times easier than worrying about NOT doing it.)
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Hi, I read your thread and I just thought I'd say couple of things and hopefully you will stay motivated.

1) DON'T look at the big picture. Set little goals. Maybe in 5's or 10's and go from there.
    2) Celebrate each loss even if it's a small one. It should be celebrated because YOU made changes to get to that point.
    3) Be true to yourself...log in what you eat even if it's a small hershey's kiss. Log it - that way you if you don't see much progress you can go back to your diary and see what you need to tweek and change.
    4) A little (or a lot) of sweating is a GOOD thing. It doesn't have to be HARD stuff but even walking will help. Every little bit counts.
    5) Stay hydrated.

There are my 2 cents. :) Good luck on your journey...
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You'll get there. This site is filled with SUPER supportive individuals! Whether their goal is to lose those last 10 pounds or to shred 200+, we're all on a journey and it can be stressful at times. Stay encouraged, sets goals that you can achieve (including short tem ones) and go for it! Best of wishes! Definitely add me as a friend. I'll be there for you!
  • angiolm
    angiolm Posts: 52
    Options
    I am really integrating myself in mfp as I really need to and want to lose weight. I'm motivated way more than I have ever even gotten close to. 3 weeks into my diet and weight loss and seeing big results. Yet one thing I noticed on the forums so far it seems like I'm the only one that needs to lose so much! I'd like some friends I could join on the weight lose journey! I feel like most of the people on this board will be at maintaining long before I even get close to such a dream. Maybe it's just part of being self conscious since I've gained so much weight and I have such a road ahead. Makes me wonder how I could go so wrong with my body.

I guarantee you that if you stick with us for the next year, there will be new members coming on saying the same thing to you and then asking you "How'd you do it? How'd you loose all that weight?" Friend up and join the journey...I'm on the same long term plan that you are.
  • angiolm
    angiolm Posts: 52
    Options
    By far you are not alone.... i know for a fact that there is at least one person with a much larger amount to lose than you.....and that would be me....ive been working on it for about 8 months now and still have more to lose than you, but you cant let that number get you down.... you just have to keep thinking about all the people you haven't seen in a while and wonder if they will recognize you when you see them agian.... im kinda hoping that alot of mine wont..... :smile:

He's right! There are more of us out there than you know.
  • newmommynewfitme
    Options
    You are so not alone! I still have a ton of weight to lose but I am conquering it in small amounts at a time! Check out my biggest weight that was years ago but I use that number to remind me of where I came from and where I want to be at. You will get there , the people here are so awesome and supportive.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Definitely not alone! Keep reading the boards, and you'll see how many people have come a long way! Everyone can be a motivator, no matter how much they've lost.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    One thing that we don't really know about all this health/weight loss stuff is that the exercise is actually the easy part for a lot of us. The hard part is getting our minds and emotions in shape first. Once you get that part of you squared away, the rest is cake.