300 cal meals

Options
I am trying something new (to me) that a trainer friend told me to do. He said 3 300 cal meals a day and 2-3 150 snacks would help me lose weight faster if I eat every 2.5 hours. I usually eat a 2 egg and fresh salsa omlette or whole grain cereal with almond milk for breakfast. I have a piece of chicken or fish and steamed vegs for lunch. My snacks are usually a protein bar, cottage cheese, yogurt, fruit and string cheese, or veg soup. I am just having a hard time with finding a 300-350 dinner. Help! :huh:

Replies

• nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My dinner tonight and last night will be around 350 calories. You can see my diary. I also usually eat around 300 calories for breakfast.

That is not a lot of calories for dinner so I would try to pack in a good amount of protein and fiber so you will feel satisfied. You can do a bowl of kashi cereal, oatmeal, eggs and bacon/sausage, a salad with lots of meat or non meat protein, or look for some frozen stuff. I eat Amy's meals and burritos sometimes or Kashi frozen entrees. They are less gross than the lean cuisines, smart ones, etc.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I am trying something new (to me) that a trainer friend told me to do. He said 3 300 cal meals a day and 2-3 150 snacks would help me lose weight faster if I eat every 2.5 hours.
    There's no study to show this true, but it may keep you fuller longer between feedings.