Need New Running Shoes

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I recommend going to a running store and being fitted for the best shoes.... everyone has different feet and not all brands work on all people. I wear Asics myself, but I have tried Mizuno and Saucony in the past. A gait analysis is the best way to determine the best shoe for your feet and running style. Best of luck!

THIS! The best thing you can do for yourself. They'll put you on a treadmill and watch to see if you're pronating or not and then pick the shoe that best fits how your foot falls. It's really cool. Before I started buying my shoes this way, I always had knee and shin problems when I ran. I've had the best luck with Saucony.

THIS x 1,000

you have to buy the shoes that are right for YOU - not what others recommend. you need to be fit by an expert.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I wouldn't take running shoe suggestions from others. I would get fitted professionally at a running shoe store. Your needs may be different than mine. What I run in may do you more harm than good.
  • adblackb
    Options
    I don't know where you are located but there is a store called Road Runner Sports in several states. Their online store also has a simple shoe recommendation tool called shoe dog. The tool will help if you can't get to a running store to be fitted.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    I just got a new pair of shoes. I didn't realize how worn out my old ones were, but I had noticed that my legs, hips, and knees had started feeling stiff after runs. I thought it was because I was adding a bit of milage (not a whole lot more). But I did a "long" run in the new shoes, and I had NO pain or stiffness after. Good shoes DEFINITELY make a difference. I encourage you to search for the right ones, and don't feel guilty for buying good/new shoes!