Help with Pork Chops!

Options
I have pork chops in the fridge and I need ot make them asap before they go bad.

I am pretty new at cooking(with the actual oven) and I want to try new things and different flavors so I am up for anything. I will say though that I cook for my mom and dad, my dad is a diabetic, and my mom can't have anything to high in sugar due to a gastric by-pass she had done awhile ago.

I am pretty much doing all the main cooking in my house so if you have any other beginner/exploration recipes that you would like to share please do so. Everything will be much appreciated..thank you!

Replies

• slvrcavchick03
    Options
    I have pork chops in the fridge and I need ot make them asap before they go bad.

I am pretty new at cooking(with the actual oven) and I want to try new things and different flavors so I am up for anything. I will say though that I cook for my mom and dad, my dad is a diabetic, and my mom can't have anything to high in sugar due to a gastric by-pass she had done awhile ago.

I am pretty much doing all the main cooking in my house so if you have any other beginner/exploration recipes that you would like to share please do so. Everything will be much appreciated..thank you!
  • superkitty7
    Options
    Allrecipe.com has good recipes. Before I became vegetarian, I just made them in the skillet.

109062.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Here is one of my favorite recipes for pork chops. It's DELICIOUS! :tongue:

1/4 cup flour
    1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
    1/2 cup creamy caesar salad dressing (can use reduced fat or fat free dressing)
    4 pork loin chops with bone (1/2 inch thick)
    1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (1 oz)

1. Heat oven to 375*F. Spray a 12 X 8 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
    2. In pie pan or shallow dish, mix flour and Italian seasoning. Pour dressing into another pie pan or shallow dish.
    3. Coat both sides of each pork chop with the flour mixture; dip into dressing, coating both sides well. Place in baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Discard any remaining flour and dressing.
    4. Bake uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center.

*Recipe from http://www.recipezaar.com/Caesar-Pork-Chops-141789
    Yup, that's my glowing review you see there on the page! :laugh:
  • slvrcavchick03
    Options
    That sounds REALLY good. I am going to make that for dinner tomorrow. THANK YOU! I'll let you know how it turned out. I hope I don't screw up the recipe..lol!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Try some Grill Mates Montreal Steak seasoning on your pork chops...DELISH!! We put it on pork chops, chicken, steak, potatoes, EVERYTHING!:flowerforyou:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You can also marinate them in fat free italian dressing and cook them on a grill or indoors on a foreman grill...
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I like putting seasoned salt on them - putting in a fry pan to cook (no oil) then adding applesauce on top when they are ready to serve
  • slvrcavchick03
    Options
    Thank you all for the recipes...and the ideas..I woke up this morning and my mom was already making them, so we had them for lunch instead of dinner. I had forgotten she was getting dental work done later in the day. At least they got made before they turned bad. I will def. try the recipe though...I have to go shopping soon anyways :)
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late with giving an idea but my favorite way to prepare pork chops is to marinade them in about 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 2 or 3 tsp of dried rosemary, salt and pepper for about 30 minutes (not too long because the vinegar will break down the meat too much. Sear each pork chop in a hot pan then put them in the oven to cook the rest of the way. I like my pork chops to still have a little pink in the middle to ensure that they'll be juicy. While the chops are cooking reduce the marinade down in a small pot so that it's thick and coats the back of the spoon. I like a lot of the balsamic reduction so I tend to add more balsamic. Drizzle it over the cooked chops. Mmmmm...
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I have one some where that uses syrup, salsa, mushrooms (portabellos), and cheese with pork chops.
    Just toss it all in a pan and cook. Sounds weird but sooo good.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I just like to use Omaha Steaks steak seasoning. DH and I use it on pork chops, chicken, and burgers. It's yummy. We had some on our pork chops tonight.