Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Finally not afraid to set goals!

When I started this journey I was afraid to really set any goals. I didnt want to let myself down. Today I reached 21lbs down and I am starting to feel confident in myself. This is the first time I have ever incorporated exercise into my weight loss. Im a chronic dieter but have never really pushed myself. This time (with the help and motivation I have found on MFP) I have really pushed myself each day to do better than the next. I have really surprised myself at my commitment. The team challenges and accountability have been pretty life changing.

I decided to set out my goals for the rest of the year and I believe they are realistic goals. I almost teared up to see that when I meet all of my goals I will be at the smallest weight I have ever been by the end of the year. My birthday is in March and I want to be at a healthy BMI by then and laying out my goals showed me that it was possible.

Instead of the goals being overwhelming like i thought they would be...I am feeling so motivated.

Replies

• gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    how wonderful...you are well on your way and have set reasonable goals

feel free to add me as a friend
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Wow! You're doing so great. Keep it up!
  • its great when you realize that not you not only CAN do something, but you ARE doing something. good job sister!
  • Shishkeberry
    Shishkeberry Posts: 95 Member
    Keep up the good work!
  • ccc1789
    ccc1789 Posts: 1
    That's really wonderful! I too have developed a fear of setting goals. How did you finally overcome it?
  • you will do it!!! When we believe in ourself, there's no limit!!!! You already did great!!!!