Running

Options
2»

Replies

• NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I started with C25k...I used the app on my phone. I couldn't run at all...but I worked into it after walking for awhile. I found the progressive building week after week REALLY increased my ability to breath and become fitter. Every week I hit those milestones. The best thing about it is you can repeat a week if you want! The last day I used c26k I ran 47 minutes straight. It was such an accomplishment! Good luck to you!
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't know if running has other health benefits over walking but I think that running or walking the same distance you burn about the same number of calories... you just get there faster with running.

I know it already got posted above, but I will post it again....

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-304-311-8402-0,00.html

All about calories burned running vs walking.

All I know is that the other app that I used in the past would give me the same calories burned for 2 miles if I put running or if I put walking half the speed that I set the running at (within 5 calories). I never looked into it more.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I don't know if running has other health benefits over walking but I think that running or walking the same distance you burn about the same number of calories... you just get there faster with running.

I know it already got posted above, but I will post it again....

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-304-311-8402-0,00.html

All about calories burned running vs walking.

All I know is that the other app that I used in the past would give me the same calories burned for 2 miles if I put running or if I put walking half the speed that I set the running at (within 5 calories). I never looked into it more.
    Running (at a running pace) and walking (at a walking pace) will burn about the same number of calories per mile. You'll just get there faster if you run.