Finished my Fourth Half Marathon ...

Options
emmaleigh47
emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
but I did not beat Al Roker (so close) ... :)
One year ago today I was training for a 5K and struggling to do so ... and now this year I am going to run the half marathon associated with the same race that was my 5K last year ...

The story of my last race is located here
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/emmaleigh47/view/my-fourth-half-marathon-136995

You can do anything you put your mind to!

Replies

• kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!! Awesome job! I just love half marathons, I think they are a great distance, and so fun. I've done 5 so far, and it's killing me that I can't afford a sixth this fall. But, I'll save up my pennies and get another in the spring. Yay!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    You are FABULOUS!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You are simply fabulous, congratulations and I hope many more to come!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    That's such a wonderful thing to hear. I've been training for my first 5k for quite some time (brief hiatus due to back injury), and it still feels impossible. I'd love to be able to run a 10k in the next 6 months, and a half in the next year. It's great to hear that it's not an impossible goal... thanks for today's inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing woman...so inspirational....!!!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    You are so amazing! I cant wait til my race, and I'll be thinking of you the wholetime for inspiration!!
  • RunningAggie
    Options
    You little rockstar, you...
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • DallasEl
    DallasEl Posts: 54
    Options
    I am working towards a Half myself. I am at a pretty comfortable 15k. Did you find that next 6k a real stretch? I'm not using any kind of a training program.
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Crazy cool! You go!! :)
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the PR! It sounds like you had an amazing race.

I ran that race too and also made my time goal with a PR. I've heard a lot of people talk about Al and whether or not they beat him. Cracks me up that he is the bench mark for so many people.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!