Gym irritation!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• nessajk
    nessajk Posts: 32
    Options
    Good grief. My major gripes at my gym are:

1) People answering their cell phones....in YOGA class! It's yoga! Come on, people!
    2) The meathead who walks around with the tank top on that is basically three strings but technically passes as clothing. Like if he had a shirt on, we wouldn't be able to tell he is 300 lbs of muscle.
    3) The yoga class cell phone thing again. It bothers me so much that I have to say it twice.
  • deadliftdavie1918
    deadliftdavie1918 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen this yet, but at the Y I go to I send my kids to "Club Fyt". They are 7 and 10 and they have a blast playing organized games. I head out to the cardio machines and see ... KIDS. Maybe 10 years old doing the elliptical, the treadmill, weights even. It's really disturbing, especially when their kid center is so well organized.
  • JessicaRaeD
    Options
    I never expected such a response but thank you this made my day! Apparently it was my day to piss people off b/c I was also unfriended in Facebook haha oh well!
    As for the naked people in the locker room seriously put a towel on I don't want to see old wrinkly anything and I don't want see young anything! I go and lift hard and work hard I have a goal in mind and don't care for socializing or bs I want to sweat grunt and look like I just worked at something! I mean really!
    My other let peeve is the you testosterone filled kids that have no clue what they are doing! Or my favorite tonight there was a serious case of I.L.S lmao it was great!!
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    never had that type of problem except people at the cardio cinema that talk in front of me
  • sexi_new_me
    Options
    good for you! yes guys at the gym feel they own it and have the right to tell everryone what they are doing wrong. its irritating. just laugh at him shake your head and say spare me the fitness talk i dont pay you for your advice thaks..lol
  • katlady32
    Options
    I get so annoyed by the (obese) folks who sit there on the ab machines resting forever so nobody else can use them. Hint, hint: CARDIO!!!!!!!!! Notice all the skinny people abbing it out on floor mats?
  • c_ramey
    c_ramey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the people who use the machines as recliners to watch TV!! Also, I had never had a naked lady experience till last week, I was throwing my bag in my locker, as out strolls this amazon lady butt naked from the showers-- seriously get dressed in the shower stalls!! I was sooo embrassed as she said hey how are you!
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I kind of keep in the zone at the gym. I see my co-workers, we smile and wave and carry on.... For me, socializing time is definitely not when I'm at the gym sweating like a pig working towards looking like a fox!
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I hate the gym for some of these reasons, but I also love it because being in that environment motivates me and gets me going. And it's more interesting, unlike working out at home. By myself. Getting distracted every two minutes. Gym time is MY TIME.

Anyway, you go girl!

If the advice is coming from someone who really wants to help, and I know that he/she ACTUALLY know what they are doing, I'll listen. Otherwise, F off and let me be.

Once I was on the elliptical and some dude got on next to me and went all gazelle on that thing. I was going REALLYYYY slow at a high level, and he had the nerve to tap me on my shoulder, motion at me to pull out my headphones, and tell me that if I want a really effective workout I should go faster, because I look like I'm about to fall asleep. Errr, thanks *kitten*, don't know what I would have done without you and your advice.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    the only irritation i have is the guy who gets on the bike next to you and wreaks of B.O.!!!! Wear some freakin deoderant man!!!! i had to cut my workout short cause i was becoming nauseous!!!!
  • JessicaRaeD
    Options
    Oo how about the people that don't wipe down equipment or benches gross!!! That's a whole different kind of irritation there lol!