Tea and Weight loss

Options
My friend started drinking a tea from Teavana that claims to aid in weight loss. So far she has lost 4 lbs but I am not sure if it is because she fills up on tea all day and then eats less or because the tea is actually working. Are there teas that actually help people lose weight?

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Tea does help with weight loss... because it is essentially water and therefore it helps in all the ways water does... I don't think it is necessary to buy an expensive one because... TBH they usually taste nasty!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    More tea, less pop equals less calories.
  • IAMQUEEN
    IAMQUEEN Posts: 52
    Options
    I read that Green Tea boost your metabolism. She might have cut back on her calorie intake. Ask her what is her daily diet like.
  • farmingfool
    Options
    Some weigh toss teas can actually be dangerous depending on what is in them and what country they come from. Tea also acts as a diuretic and will flush your body of water so that could account for the weight loss. If tea really caused weight loss wouldn't we all be drinking it?
  • HealthyAlp
    Options
    Tea is a great way to help weight loss, especially unsweetened. (Too bad I'm a sucker for sweet tea!). I usually get people trying to switch me over to green tea, which I personally don't like at all. I'll stick with my just-as-healthy Lipton, saves money and works just as well if used properly.
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Weight loss tea's work as a "detox" sometimes and are only okay to use for a few days. Drinking unsweet tea or unsweet green tea or herbal tea is the way to go. You get the benefits of drinking water (which is good for everything) plus the added antioxidants in the tea. Plus, it tastes delish so you drink more and wont be as hungry. It's win win! I take green tea bags as well as a few herbal tea bags and brew them together in my iced tea maker for a yummy, refreshing drink! I just made a pot of green tea with herbal blueberry tea. So good and does not need any sugar!!!