Weight Watchers vs. MFP: Healthy Oils?

Options
I was on weight watchers briefly, and one concept they really pushed was healthy oils. You were supposed to work 2 tsp of certain oils (olive, canola, etc) into each day's menu. The theory, as I understand, was that people dieting often do not get enough healthy fats.

Part of me wonders if I should be incorporating that into my meal planning, but I do tend to eat plenty of healthy fats. Eggs, milk, cheese, avocado...and I do cook with olive oil.

What's your opinion on it?

Replies

• Gemini_at_36
    Options
    eggs, lowfat milk, nuts, lowfat cheeses are all good for you in small moderation. Just make sure you don't go over your calories.:flowerforyou:
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I am an ex-WWer and still try to incorporate all the GHGs into my meal plans. I think that WW did that right!
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    I'm currently in WW on Wednesdays at work...I think you can get plenty of those "healthy oils" when you cook with good oils and good butter (tho, in moderation of course!) or when you have salad dressing.

I'm sure you use all of those things!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Make sure that list includes fish oils.
  • sistermooooon
    Options
    I love the health benefits of grapeseed oil and it tends to handle higher heat when searing a piece of lean protein. I use a teaspoon when I saute' all my veggies for my egg white omelettes. Great Stuff!!!!
  • ceeceesmom
    Options
    try this blog- a WW follower she has lots of good information..

http://down70in2010.blogspot.com/