late night sugar cravings

So hers the thing. I work till late at night. I go to work at 9pm and dont come home till 12:30 to 1AM. I eat dinner before I go to work come home take my medication and take some time to unwinde. I usually have a snack while I am unwinding but nothing seems to satisfy me and I have this incredible carb,fat, sugar craving. I've tried having a bowl of carrots or fruit to snack on but I feel like crap until I get some sugar in me. I 'm not sure whats happening. I know that the medication I take has an effect on increasing appetite and weight gain. I just don't know how to get over this hump. my weight loss has stalled and its very frustrating.

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Your desire to get healthy has to be stronger than your desire to eat junk. That's all it is, really.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Be strong. Resist. Eat a piece of fruit.

You can do it!
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Wow I get the same thing. I dont crave sugar all day. I can be laying in bed and around 11:00 I get this incredible urge to eat something with sugar in it. Actually splenda foods will satisfy it though. Its crazy.
  • shassen
    shassen Posts: 16 Member
    Try a good trail mix. That's what i use to combat those sweet cravings and not only is it delicious, but it's healthy and filling. Raw nuts usually satisfy cravings for sweet things like chocolate and other sugary snacks.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Try a good trail mix. That's what i use to combat those sweet cravings and not only is it delicious, but it's healthy and filling. Raw nuts usually satisfy cravings for sweet things like chocolate and other sugary snacks.

trail mix is an excellent suggestion. Also, go for the fruit, a nice juicy plum or peach...