Question for Shorties like me!

Options
Hi,

If you are 5'3" or shorter, would you let me know whether MFP gives you a net calorie level LOWER than 1,200 calories per day? I'm curious as to whether that's the lowest the site will quote you.

Thanks!

Replies

• LButterfly201
    Options
    i'm 5'2, and mine is 1200, BUT, that is the lowest MFP will quote, because if you eat less than this, you would go into starvation mode
  • lornaeves
    lornaeves Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft 11 and mine is set at 1200 calories
  • Hfxgal
    Hfxgal Posts: 57
    Options
    5'2 here and mine is 1300
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    The min for women is 1200 and the min for men is 1500. Nothing lower is recommended unless under Drs orders.

Remember when you are the min calories for day, if you exercise you will need to eat more to stay at that minimum.

Take Care!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, and I don't think MFP will go lower than 1200 for your target calories. Of course there are people on here who go lower - they don't have any force-feeding features :wink:
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and it gave me 1,200.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    1200 is the lowest MFP will allow. Frankly, I still have a hard time believing that the lowest anyone should eat is 1200 calories, regardless of whether they are 4'11" or 6'4". Seems sort of unfair, doesn't it? :grumble:
  • pixidaisy
    Options
    I'm 4'10 mines currently set at 1430 which is what MFP says it should be.

Edited because I have fat fingers and hit the one when i wanted the damn zero.
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    5' 1" here and 1200 calories! :smile:
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and have a net calorie of 1200 too....God help me if they lowered it lol
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    You might find this article interesting, although they do quote higher calorie allowances because it includes exercise.

http://www.burnthefat.com/how_to_fix_slow_female_fat_loss.html
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    The program defaults to 1200 but you change it manually. I changed mine to 1070 as the 1200 gave me a deficit of 330 but I wanted a 500 deficit. Look in your settings and you'll see your BMR calculations.

I'm 4.11 and also dont think 1200 is an accurate figure for someone short, or tall! It's just an average for mostly average people :bigsmile:

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    mine is 1200 too, I know everyone says thats as low as you should go but I shoot lower
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5'2" and MFP has me at 1210. Thank goodness for those extra ten calories!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. I started out at 1200 cals but now that I am only 12 lbs from goal I am up to 1800 net (before exercise) and I am still losing.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    5'0 and it said 1,200 for me.
  • MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    5'2' and 1200 calories here
  • jess213tx
    jess213tx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This was very interesting.
  • jess213tx
    jess213tx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You might find this article interesting, although they do quote higher calorie allowances because it includes exercise.

http://www.burnthefat.com/how_to_fix_slow_female_fat_loss.html

With my current BMR, to have a 500 deficit I would need to take in 1,000 net calories a day. But if I want to lose 2 lbs??