Talking for Support: do you do it and with whom?

Options
I am a male trying to loose weight and believe it or not guys do not sit around talking weight loss and support each other. I really feel like it would be to my advantage to share some similar struggles and thoughts with, but have little to know one to turn too. I more of an introvert so any over the top suggestions are not going to help. Do any of you have suggestions where I could go for such support that isn't OA? Any ideas that work for you too is also welcomed.

Replies

• idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Stay on my fitness pal, add a few friends (you can add me), and log in daily. motivation will come to you seeing all the activity and support here.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • nala1965
    nala1965 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    In talk for support for a lot of reasons. I am lucky I have the most supportive friend, she was also my college room mate. Thank goodness she is a phyc major LOL lord knows I would be lost with out her.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Guys may not sit around and talk about it, but will seek out advice and some will offer it if approached. For me, I've been able to share with a lot of guys who have simply wanted to know how I did it. And as an introvert myself, I get where you are coming from!
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm a fellow hoosier with several great male friends (and some awesome lady ones also!) and we support each other greatly! I'll send over a friend request.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    i find it supporting to talk to people on MFP. i find since i can't talk to people i see everyday about my weight loss (even as a female) i like getting to know people online who can understand ups and downs of trying to get healthy. some people are so amazing and inspire you to do your very best! join a group that does monthly challenges and get to know them. :) you can add me if you wish. i try to keep a positive note on things. good luck!
  • mpcass
    mpcass Posts: 86
    Options
    I am kind of an introvert too, and I agree there aren't to many other guys out there that want to talk weight loss. This site is really good for motivation and support though, lots of good posts and information. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    You might not know this but you can talk to your mom. I'm a mom, I know. We don't pry, but love it when our sons open up to us.
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Girls don't support each other with weight loss, either...at least, not the ones I know.

I get my support on here, since everyone I know is either naturally skinny, or fat and lazy.
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have found a lot of support here with my new friends. Also I belong to a TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) group in my area. They are always very supportive. Mine is just a small group so we feel real comfortable with each other. Invite you some supportive friends on here and check in often.
  • 2pinks1blue
    Options
    I've found a lot of awesome support on here, as I don't have a lot of "in real life" support either. Feel free to add me if you like :)