My best NSV yet...

Options
Today was my annual physical . In years past, it was filled with stern discussions of elevated lipids, pre-diabetes, high cholesterol, elevated heart rate, sleep apnea and high blood pressure. Last year, the pre-diabetes was replaced with real type-2 diabetes. BMI was north of 35 - obese.

Today, the dialog was quite different: The doc said - half in jest - that he wanted to put my picture on the wall, as an example of a success story. Heart rate, sugar, lipids, pulse rate, blood pressure - Normal. Snoring (and likely sleep apnea) gone. BMI <25 - normal.

The only downside of today's visit was that it pre-empted my daily exercise, my racquetball game.

I know that many of us here participate in MFP for the goal of having a conversation with the doc like mine was today, especially those of us who are... well... not kids. I wish you all the best in maintaining your regimen, and having this goal met, both for your benefit, and for the benefit of those who love and depend on you.

Replies

• triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! And an even better success story that MFP really works if you work it. Congrats and thanks for sharing :o)
  • MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats on not only losing the weight but to a new and healthier you! Keep up the good work.
  • mpcass
    mpcass Posts: 86
    Options
    Amazing story! Thanks for the inspiration to keep at it.
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That is wonderfully awesome. That is a conversation that we all want to have with our doctors.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    This is the best NSV yet and the real reason to lose weight - to be fit and healthy!

You DID it!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is Awesome!
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I have an appointment booked with my doc for an unrelated matter next month, i should be well within the healthy BMI then coming from 30+.

I'm not leaving that place until i get a high five from a medical professional.

Good story man, well done.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    That is really a great NSV! Congrats!
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    no question about it, you've literally turned your life around... awesome nsv!
  • Cynthiafaron
    Cynthiafaron Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT ! - I have lost more than 40 since my last Dr visit - I was pre- everything ! I can't wait for my physical next week - I am going to knock my Doc off his chair !
  • AmyS618
    AmyS618 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You are such an inspiration!
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Were you wearing the skinny jeans?:smile:
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Awesome results. It is always so impressive how willing the body is to become healthy if only we give it half a chance. I am impressed. The scary part is that it takes us sometimes so long to realize the power we have to create either a much healthier body or a sick one. If only our bodies could speak to us directly. RIght now, yours is saying: Thank you for given me a new lease on life. Be well,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!