Over on my sugar and under on my carbs...wtf??

CatMauro
CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
How on earth am I supposed to get my carbs but not go over on my sugar??? I eat lots of fruit and as little refined sugar as I can but I always seem to go over on my sugar but not on my carbs, and I still have a ton of cals to make up for my exercise. What to do??

Replies

• Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    If your sugar is coming from healthy sources, don't worry about it much.

That's not to say you can eat barrels of fruits, but it's better than a barrel of cake.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Fruit equals sugar. But thankfully a sugar your body can digest and use for energy. So you may be high in sugar, but don't worry. Now if the sugar came from junk, then you have to worry.

Good luck!
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Cant give a really good asnwer since your diet journal is set to private
  • willdbill0712
    willdbill0712 Posts: 83 Member
    Don't sweat the sugar from fruit very much. Much better for you than from a non-natural source.
    I am always over on mine as well, but it is mostly from fruit and some Trop50 juice.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    I am ALWAYS over on my sugar, not carbs. I think it is from the fruit :)
  • Yes, I think the dietary guidelines for sugar given us by the FDA is primarily focused on sources of ADDED sugar. Adding it to coffee, in baked goods, etc. So if you're consuming all-natural sources, don't worry! Get those carbs and cals in.
  • char2009
    char2009 Posts: 68
    I'm always over on my sugars as well and it is due to the sugar in fruit. Eat veggies at every meal to up your carb intake and keep your sugars down.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    I bumped up my sugar goal because I was tired of seeing the red number. Don't worry if your sugar is coming from fruit; it's the refined (added sugars) to foods that you should be most concerned with.
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Fruit equals sugar. But thankfully a sugar your body can digest and use for energy. So you may be high in sugar, but don't worry. Now if the sugar came from junk, then you have to worry.

Good luck!

really?
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    I think the sugar setting here is BS. If you're eating foods from Nature's pantry and avoiding refined sugar, don't worry about it. When I log, I don't even track it.
  • evesacks
    evesacks Posts: 94 Member
    Mine is over every day from a couple of (natural) yoghurts and a couple of pieces of fruit and some pepper and tomatoes in my salad.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member

Good luck!

really?

great article
  • PetraCore
    PetraCore Posts: 11 Member
    Wow, that was a really interesting article... thanks for sharing.

*edit: I meant to reply to the person who mentioned this article :)
  • wildbio
    wildbio Posts: 42 Member
    This has been happening to me too. Thanks for posting the question!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    I don't worry about sugar from fruits. However, i do try to make sure it is a high fiber fruit like apples, and also to pair it with fat and/or protein, like peanut butter so that I do not get hungry again too soon.