Seeing Results is a de-motivator?

Options
I was wondering if any of you have ever experienced this…
My family was in town visiting and while they were here I did not get the gym as often as normal if at all. While they were here I counted my calories each day and made good food choice but I drank like a fish – if a fish drank alcohol. After having said that I still managed to loose two pounds in the three weeks that they were here. I guess this is proof that keeping your body guessing is a good thing. The only problem is that I haven’t been able to get myself back to the level of exercise I was doing pre-visits. Any suggestions?

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Just DO it :) Try setting an alarm on your phone maybe? I am struggling a bit myself right now because I was super dehydrated and have just been trying to get healthy this week. I haven't run since Saturday and I feel like I want to get out there but I also wanted to get hydrated too!
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I think your body was still running on the previous behavior thus losing lbs but believe me it comes to an end and gets harder. Start going out for walks.. long ones. Jog a bit and the metabolism kicks in wanting more... It works for me. Where your working out alot before the break?
  • Rickie_Raver
    Rickie_Raver Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I was working out like a mad woman :) 3000-5000 calories per week.
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    I've been going through the same thing the past couple of weeks. I have reached my lowest weight since high school, and then I had some family and work things go on and haven't been working out like I have been. It has been sooo difficult to get back in gear!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you'll find the motivation you need before you start to gain! Do what you can. Keep within your caloires and exercise five minutes a day? Get back into it slowly? If nothing else, if all else fails, DON'T GAIN! Switch your goals to maintenance if you aren't going to get with the program. Don't lose all the effort you've put in thus far. Then pick it back up when you are able. I did that for three weeks in June. To my surprise, I got back in the groove. Most importantly, I didn't lose any ground and NOW believe it or not, am back on schedule (as if I had not taken a break).

YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. Don't look at it as having to jump fully back into the same level you were doing before, just do it today. Then tomorrow you can just do it again.

Or, if you're like me (a nerd who loves schedules and spreadsheets) you can make up a workout plan and follow it. I apparently need the structure of a planned out program and found that doing P90X was the best decision I could have made. I made up a calendar and marked off the days I worked out and did the workout in the box. For how my brain works, it worked perfectly! I finished it and found myself floundering a little bit so I made up a schedule to do until I officially start my TurboFire program. I need structure. ;)