Weight Watchers

Options
I have found that if you do Weight Watchers along with your calorie intake you see a huge difference.

Breakfast coffee and a bowl of cheese grits 146 cal
I have been having a Smart Ones for lunch and salad w/ water 20 oz.
Dinner I have to cook regular due to my husband but I am doing very well with portion control.
Dessert a fudge popsicle.

If I was going by the point system and not my calorie intake I would be under by 5 everyday.
This is just a thought for some of you. I love it and can see a difference.

Replies

• mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have found that if you do Weight Watchers along with your calorie intake you see a huge difference.

Dinner I have to cook regular due to my husband but I am doing very well with portion control.

If I was going by the point system and not my calorie intake I would be under by 5 everyday.
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options

I'm still trying to figure out how to do both...do you monitor your points and your calories? do you use your WW log and the MFP food journal?....or are you just eating foods that go with the WW system?...please help...:huh:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I've done weight watchers before and it worked well and taught me portion control. Be careful with those smart ones meals. They have a lot of salt in them.
  • mbb8682
    Options
    I am just using my MFP to track my food. But I also use my points and calories if that makes any sense.

Yeah the salt is alot I don't eat one everyday but when I have nothing else for lunch thats what I will have.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I do weight watchers...LOOOVVVEE IT!
    I do track my food here too just to see my carb, protein and stuff like that
    and to talk to really cool people:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • mbb8682
    Options
    We are pretty cool aren't we......
  • STACYESPARZA
    Options
    heck yes!:wink:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    so do you use the the calorie counter as well or are u just focusing on points? i've been thinking about doing WW along with MFP but don't kknow how to do both and not make it so complicated...
  • MsMouse65
    Options
    This is what I do. I use Weight Watchers points only for tracking my food intake. But I use mfp to keep track of my weight with the tracker.
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    so do you use the book to mark the points off and just disregard the calorie counter?
  • MsMouse65
    Options
    I don't count my calories at all. I found it easier to count points. I know a cookie is 3 points and subtract it from my points for the day. I'm allowed 19 points day. I just like using the weight tracker on this site. I use it on myspace as fun way to show people I'm losing weight. I like Weight Watchers because many moons ago I reached my goal weight and I find its easier.
  • mbb8682
    Options
    My oldest sister lost 25 lbs on weight watchers thats why I am doing both.
  • STACYESPARZA
    Options
    so do you use the the calorie counter as well or are u just focusing on points? i've been thinking about doing WW along with MFP but don't kknow how to do both and not make it so complicated...
    Well I really recommend weight watchers...
    they teach you alot about portion size, healthy substitutes, and now they are combining the core with the points to show you how to eat more filling healthy foods with you dailiy points....
    I do both to track certain things....
    not everyday but most days....and I get alot of support here too
  • STACYESPARZA
    Options
    I do both (most days)
    I track my points and I enter my food here to give me an idea of how much protein, fiber, carbs, sugar I am eating...
    Helps make healthier choices with my points.
    I hope that helps
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    where do you guys track the weight watcher points? Is there a calculator that does it for you? Please share.
  • STACYESPARZA
    Options
    When you sign up for weight watcher they give you a calculator and its easy to find point values in the foods you eat.
    Also lost of handy books for fast food and other stuff.
    They will base your points on like age, weight, and activity level....
    then you go to these great meetings once a WEEK and get a million tips and motivation...weigh in..
    the weigh in makes me more accountable because someone else is seeing it besides just you...
    even though they are non judgemental you just know its being tracked.
    You can also do it online too.
    They have a 30 day free program right now