Newbie here

Options
Hello,

I am so excited to have found a site like this. I have a wonderful friend that told me all about you. I have been dieting now for 2 months. I hate to use the word dieting as I've never really done it. I want to look at this as a life changing experience that I hang onto and learn to use for the rest of my life.

I have been overweight my whole life, well starting when I hit lovely puberty. Name calling from a father that has a really fast metabolism and has never had weight issues hurt me more than I realized. No I'm not saying he is the one that made me fat. I look back at my teenage years and I wasn't really over weight, but since the name calling I thought I was and it hurt me more than helped when it came to eating right. It was then I started starving myself to lose weight and again another issue that caused me more harm than good.

I've been on pills to help speed up your metabolism and yes they had helped but it didn't help me choose the right food to eat so the bad eating habits continued even when I stopped taking the meds and the weight can back even more so.

I have a new outlook on life and love who I am on the inside, it's the outside I have an issue with and I hope to be able to not only change what I eat but also change how I feel about myself.

Last month I lost 15lbs. This month, not so sure until I see the doctor tomorrow. I have lost a pant size and feel better than I have in a long time. Anyways, sorry to ramble on ... just me being me I guess, lol.

Thank you so much for having such a great site and I look forward to living, learning, and sharing.
I am open and honest and looking for support. If you'd like to add me please do.

Replies

• smallerthighs
    Options
    Welcome Welcome W.E.L.C.O.M.E :-)
  • RMJC
    RMJC Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome. I LOVE THIS SITE!! Congratulations on your weight loss. Watch what you eat… check labels. Drink lots of water! It won't be easy but it will be worth it! Wish you the best of luck!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

You will find a great community of support here. I suggest you make friends here who will give you support and motivation.

Also, at the top of each forum there are handy sticky notes that explain the lay of the land. If you have a question, use the search function - lots of topics get discussed frequently here and you may find your answer there!

Again - welcome!
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    welcome, feel free to add me
  • kimbsh01
    kimbsh01 Posts: 38
    Options
    Welcome to the sitem, Im gonna add you as a friend! Hope you accept! :)