Resistance Bands...?

Options
So I got a set of resistance bands and have just completed my first workout with them along with the accompanying DVD (Gold's Gym) product.

Wow! That seems like it'll be a really effective strength workout for me, and I didn't have to shell out big money for weights or a gym membership.

But how do I log it in my diary? Every strength exercise wants to know how much weight I lifted...There's nowhere for me to put "medium resistance" or "maximum resistance" (all 3 bands) when I'm entering them.

Replies

• ladybug813
    Options
    I have the same questions. Help!
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    It would help if you had a heart rate monitor becaue then you would be able to see how many calories you've burned.

I suggest that if you use it with a DVD, then log it as circuit training general in the cardio section
  • whispiri
    whispiri Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have been using them as well since about mid July. I don't know how you are doing your workout but I actually entered them as circuit training. I incorporate cardio in with it as well. Maybe someone else can shed some more knowledge on it.
  • BerkleyJL
    Options
    I'm going to log it as circuit training for now. The trainer on the video does throw in cardio intervals. It's a serious workout for me...far harder than I expected.

The wife and I are getting HRMs next paycheck so that'll help, I guess.
  • BerkleyEL
    BerkleyEL Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    YAY... HRM will be awesome-sauce!
    BTW... that video looks pretty awesome, I might end up trying it at some point.