Protein question

Options
I always take more protein daily then suggested by MFP, about 80 mg daily however I'm wondering how much I should have of it to be good with my work-out, I drink a 5mg post training, should I be taking more? At the gym, the owner said 10 would be good for me, help please. :drinker:

Replies

• Kurlaub
    Kurlaub Posts: 1
    Options
    I am working out with a trainer right now and she is telling me to get in a lot of protein. I am currently eating about 140g/day. She eats around 200. I also work out a lot too. I think the protein is a better option/choice then a starchy carb.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I assume you mean grams not milligrams?

Shoot for .5 to 1 gram for each pound of lean body weight daily.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    yes sorry It was grams. Will deff look into this. thanks for the info
    I'm 136lbs now and taking about 80gr so not enough:ohwell:
  • afmyrick
    Options
    I alternate. If I eat a lot of protein in a day I will cut out the carbs and load up on veggies. If I have carbs I decrease my protein intake. I also eat every 2 hours mostly veggies though that way I'm never hungry.

My high protein days consist of eggs in the morning and salmon/tuna or turkey/Chicken for lunch and dinner. I eat a little more than a serving on those days. Low protein days I will eat it for lunch or dinner and only a serving size.

SW: 184
    CW: 171
    GW: 130-135
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I currently use:
    http://www.atlargenutrition.com/products/nitrean-46
    It is a blend of whey, egg and casein protein.
    Men's Health Magazine "Best Protein Powder 2008, 2009, 2010"

I used to use:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
    Whey protein. If I go back to a whey only supplement I will go back to this.
    www.bodybuilding.com "Supplement of the Year 2009-2010" and "Protein powder of the Year 2009-2010"
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    will look into those